Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding my lost Flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there- I've lost my fitbit but it is still syncing to my phone. Does anyone have any tips on how to narrow down where it is? Thanks!

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Rezutko if it is syncing to your phone it means it should be within 15-20 feet of your location.  All I can say is start searching around the area where you can get it to sync with your phone.

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition, check out the fitbit article:

URL: I Lost my Fitbit tracker

Hope you find your 'buddy' back soon.

Best Answer
I lost my FLEX and contacted customer service. I got the same form letter HELP suggestions..as last resort, as they suggested, I downloaded LIGHTBLUE To my iPad. I immediately got one blue bar. The hunt was on!
Success! The bars led me to the back seat of my car ( which I had checked) and there was my tracker! So happy!what a great app! Give it a try. You may get as lucky as I did.

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

@Rezutko if it is syncing to your phone it means it should be within 15-20 feet of your location.  All I can say is start searching around the area where you can get it to sync with your phone.

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition, check out the fitbit article:

URL: I Lost my Fitbit tracker

Hope you find your 'buddy' back soon.

Best Answer
Thanks! Me too!
Best Answer
I lost mine for a few days at one point but it showed no movement. I had a stroke of brilliance at like 1am when I couldnt sleep wondering where it was. Set the alarm feature and it will vibrate for like 5 seconds. Keep doing that until you find it. You will hear the buzzing if its quiet.
Best Answer
I lost my FLEX and contacted customer service. I got the same form letter HELP suggestions..as last resort, as they suggested, I downloaded LIGHTBLUE To my iPad. I immediately got one blue bar. The hunt was on!
Success! The bars led me to the back seat of my car ( which I had checked) and there was my tracker! So happy!what a great app! Give it a try. You may get as lucky as I did.
Best Answer
I dl that app also how did you find the light
Best Answer
Awesome app I found it thanks
Best Answer
Great! It's awesome to have it back.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Suddenly realized that my tracker is no longer with me. Got online and check with the community.  One tip is really helpful, i.e. "using your phone and see if device is still sync, if so, the tracker is within 20 feet."  I tried, and still sync, so the search was on.  Finally, found my tracker in the closet.  THANK you fitbit community.

Best Answer

I have lost my Fitbit Charge, it last Snyced yesterday at 14.49, at that time i was in a DIY store, i have contacted the store but without any joy of it being handed in.

Is there anyway i can find it, i have only had it for 3 weeks.

thanks for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Download a Bluetooth tracker or search apps under Fitbit finder. Download the app, open app and check out car, then go back and walk store. I found mine in back seat of car but if you lost in store and no one turns it in.....
When you replace it go to Amazon and Google Fitbit clasp guards and invest in a pack to cover the clasp so it doesn't happen again. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
So happy for you! So frustrating when it gets misplaced. Now I suggest you go to Amazon and search for Fitbit clasp guards/ protectors....little silicone squares that you slide on the band much like your watch strap guard so it doesn't happen again! There are slim ones and wide ones. I like the wise ones. They come in a pack with lots of colors - fun!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello jojaz17

Thank you, I have done both the items you suggested but no joy in recovering
my Fitbit.

I think it has gone for good, undecided as to getting another if they are
that easy to lose.

Thank you for your help.
Best Answer

Just used BTLExplorer app for iPhone to find my lost Fitbit One in my house.  It is able to track the signal strength to narrow down the location--the lower the number on the app the closer you are to the lost item.

Best Answer
Hello Rob
If you do decide to replace your Fitbit, go to Amazon and search for Fitbit clasp guard and you will see little square pieces of colored silicone, exactly like the thingy on a watch strap to tuck the watch band tail under. You use this thing on your FB strap. Slide it back over the top of the metal clasp and your band is secure. No more lost fit bits! There are two varieties- 1/2" and1" squares. I prefer the 1" square but use both. It's fun to use a contrasting color!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my fitbit charge for months now but over the last week it started popping off - wish I had known about the band guards to fix a design issue.  This morning sometime it fell off my wrist.  I've tried syncing and downloaded the LightBlue app.  All the later found was an unnamed device and "no services".  Does anyone know if the app will try again automatically if I retrace my steps & how close do you have to be to your fitbit for it to find it?      Not sure what to do next - looks like Fitbit support uses Twitter to respond?  or email which takes 2-3 days?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @BCFC83 @bsmiles1! I'm sorry to hear about your lost trackers.

We recommend the use of LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy (http://goo.gl/bAB5ST) for iOS devices; for Android you can try Bluetooth Finder (http://goo.gl/CLyxgf). They should be able to show your Charge as long as it has power. 

If you still can't find it, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team via email here or you can call (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. I am sure they will be more than glad to further assist you. Cat Happy

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

So what I am finding now is that in the house - the fitbit app says "Loading" constantly.  

When I go out and sit in the car it changes to "Connected" and appears to sync (no change to the steps since the fitbit isn't moving)   Can I make the assumption that if it says "Connected" and doesn't give an error, that the thing must be in that area?    Seems obvious but I've looked through the car and not found it yet.     Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you using a Bluetooth locator app? You can't find it by just using your Fitbit app site.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer