Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding my lost Flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there- I've lost my fitbit but it is still syncing to my phone. Does anyone have any tips on how to narrow down where it is? Thanks!

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

I had misplaced my fitbit only a short while ago today.  I had the idea of setting the alarm, using my app on the android phone.  I set it to a few minutes past the actual time and went around the house with my phone.  Low and behold, I heard this really strange noise of something vibrating and hitting against a wall...  I followed the noise and there it was!  It was vibrating and knocking itself against my daughter's desk in her room...  The find the fitbit app kept telling me I was close but it was the alarm that actually revealed it's actual location.  Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, well I gave it to my son now its his problem since it doesnt keep
time anymore I am not trusting any information on it... It was just an
expensive piece of throw away it made me finally get the Samsung wish I did
it first before I got the FitBit Blaze...🤔 Live and learn ...
* REINA*

[image: Description: Image result for autism awareness ribbon love
completes the puzzle]
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also misplaced my Charge 2 but it was still syncing. So I too used the LightBlue App on my iPhone and just as you said, the bars led me to my phone as I got closer!  Technology wins again! Thanks Light Blue!

@jojaz17 wrote:
I lost my FLEX and contacted customer service. I got the same form letter HELP suggestions..as last resort, as they suggested, I downloaded LIGHTBLUE To my iPad. I immediately got one blue bar. The hunt was on!
Success! The bars led me to the back seat of my car ( which I had checked) and there was my tracker! So happy!what a great app! Give it a try. You may get as lucky as I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
ty but I did find it in my bed ruffles, gave it to my son though got a
Samsung it works so much better... the fitbit was a waste of my money...

* REINA*

[image: Description: Image result for autism awareness ribbon love
completes the puzzle]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your post. I tried different apps - free ones- and nothing helped. But your piece of advice worked. Thank you very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Text yourself and your Fitbit will keep buzzing –that's how I just found mine! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is a great advise. Thank you but still since my Fitbit does not have this option, setting up an alarm worked for me.

Sincerely,

Oksana Homza
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit missing for days but showing connected. Downloaded LightBlue App and found it with the signal bars in minutes! Great advice thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it worked for you. Has saved my bacon many times.

Sent from my iPhone, so all errors are because my fingers are too fat:-)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out for you as well.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to hear that some of you have been successfully finding your Fitbit trackers after they got lost. Many of our customers who lost trackers in familiar surroundings such as the home or workplace were able to find their trackers by trying these tips:

• Check your dashboard to see the last time your tracker synced. If it synced recently, that means it's near your mobile device or computer.
  • Look near your laundry if you use a clip-on tracker. Many customers find that these trackers wind up in the dirty clothes pile.
  • If your tracker is connected with a mobile device, take that device to the area where you think you lost your tracker and try to sync it. If it syncs, you know the tracker is nearby. For more information about how to sync your tracker, see How do Fitbit trackers sync their data?
  • Try using a Bluetooth locator app to help you find your tracker. For iOS you can try LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy. For Android you can try Bluetooth Finder.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you or if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded the app "find my fitbit'" on my Samsung phone and paid the $5 for the upgrade and for sure it guided to a sofa set in the sitting room where I found my Blaze. The app actually worked well. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kesham, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experienced and I'm very glad you were able to find your tracker, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

I came here to get help finding my lost fitbit and read an article which suggested using a bluetooth finder app.  I downloaded Bit-Finder Geo from the app store and found it within minutes.  The app provides a visual dial that lets you know if you are near or far and emits a sound that gets louder as you get closer. Easy to use and free. 

Best Answer

Hello @sjonely, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation and the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with me, I'm very glad the app you used was helpful to find your lost Fitbit, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community as well. 

In case there's anything else I can do for you, or if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to track it if it's no longer charged?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I do not believe so. 😞

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @traci022 and @Skd1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see you around.

@traci022, please note that your Fitbit Flex has an estimated battery life that 7-10 days. If you have recently lost it you can try searching for it using the  LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy on iOS and for Android you can try Bluetooth Finder. Unfortunately, if the battery runs out, it's possible these apps might not be able to detect it. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the $5.99 app for my iPhone "Find My Fitbit."  It's worth every penny!  Found it within 30 seconds!  I've spent days in the past searching for my fitbit.  This will be GREAT to have in the future!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes