Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding my lost Flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there- I've lost my fitbit but it is still syncing to my phone. Does anyone have any tips on how to narrow down where it is? Thanks!

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

Hello @MSW1013, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! 

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with me, I'm very glad the app you used was helpful to find your lost Fitbit, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community as well. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting the light blue app helped me find mine when I misplaced it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Jojaz17!  I lost my Fitbit One (pretty retro by now but I’m attached to it).  I read your post, downloaded LightBlue and used the blue bars and located my One.  Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having read these comments, I tried BlueLight; and it was if no help. It located the signal from the Alta, but did not point to it's locatikn. The bars and decibels responded sooo slowly, and seemed to show no progression towards the Alta. It also kept shutting itself off so I had to tap the refresh icon wait , wait, wait, and then get a different readjng than previously in the same spot.

The app that worked was the free Bit-Finder Geo. It responded clearly in seconds, pointed me right to the Alta. Yay! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't remember how to find...found within 5 seconds of setting alarm....ty!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to let you know that your post saved me from having to replace my Fitbit.  I set the alarm and it had fallen into our trash can next to where I normally put it.  Had I not set the alarm I wouldn’t have heard it and my Fitbit would be on the way to the dumpster.  Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am glad it helped :0)

Sincerely,

Oksana Homza
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for telling that found my surge on my brother’s wrist 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s hilarious 😂 glad you found it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If your fitbit is synced still, set an alarm. You’ll definitely hear it vibrate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah. Used the alarm feature and found my Fitbit One.  This option should be more front and center in the Help feature.   Do you hear that moderator...please!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought I'd lost my Charge 2 but when I tried to sync it with my phone, the app was finding it...but where?  The guidance here was invaluable - my phone is Android so I installed the Bluetooth Finder and bingo, it immediately detected it. The signal grew as I got nearer making it easy to find.

Can't speak highly enough of the Fitbit Help article or of the suggested app. THANK YOU.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How’d you do that on your phone... please add details thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on the link in my response - this takes you to a page with links to download apps (in my case it was the app for Android via Google Play Store). Once installed on your phone, activate the app to search for any Bluetooth devices. You can test it's working by using another Bluetooth device - it'll find it! Then it should pick up your Fitbit. The bar in the app gets bigger as you get nearer so it's pretty intuitive - just wander about seeing whether the bar gets bigger or smaller and it'll lead you to it. Not sure about the app's range - if your Fitbit doesn't register on the screen straight away, maybe start new searches in different locations. Hope you find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi do you know if the app light blue works if Fitbit has run out of battery? Thanks xx

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi -

I can't say for sure but I doubt it will work - the app looks for any
Bluetooth signature and shows it / them on screen. If the FitBit device (or
any other Bluetooth device) has no power I can't see how it could be
detected. Good luck.

Regards,

Richard

Sent from my iD Android phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t think so but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
your very nice to reply, weezy1946, but this person's entry hss nothing to
do with the topic.
😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK you so much for this. Found it via this app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad you had the same success I did. Clever app that should work for any
lost Bluetooth enabled device that's switched on and has a charge. I was
very impressed.

Sent from my iD Android phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes