Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Syncing Successfully But Showing Zero Steps On Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi - Hoping Fitbit Support reads this message.

I haven't been using my Fitbit for a few months but decided to refocus and charged my Fitbit Flex last night.  All geared up today and worked out but it shows zero steps registered (even though I have Synced).  The only difference is I am using a new computer but I still have my active website.  I placed the dongle in this new computer - do I need to do something else?  HP Windows 10.  Even when I check on the actual Fitbit Flex Wristband it shows I have less than 2,000 steps (likely zero). 

It always worked on my iphone as well (which has not changed).  The dashboard says zero steps as well.

Help

Sherry

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

resolved - I found common problems on fitbit site and used the paperclip method.  works now !

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

resolved - I found common problems on fitbit site and used the paperclip method.  works now !

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the paper clip method??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@thisandthat Welcome to the Fitbit Community! The paper clip method is the restart process for the Fitbit Flex. Please do the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable.
  2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  3. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds. Lights on your tracker should dim.
  4. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

You can do that if you are experiencing any issues related with your tracker not syncing, if it is not responding the taps, if it is charged but does't turn on, and if it isn't tracking your steps or other stats. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Did not fix the problem. 

Best Answer

What if there is no pin hole in the back of ur charger? I also dont c it any where 

Amanda Layton
Best Answer

@Cottages Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the restart steps. When was the last time you synced your tracker? I recommend checking these syncing troubleshooting steps. If you already did some of them, please do them again in the order given in those posts. Just look for the platform you are using within the thread.

@Leeminnie Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family! If there is not pinhole on the back of the charging cable; it means that it is not an original Fitbit charger. I recommend buying one at the Fitbit Store or if you know somebody else that uses a Flex, maybe you can borrow that charging cable to perform the restart.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
What does the two dots mean when they r going from side to side?
Amanda Layton
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leeminnie Thanks for your reply! Do you mean the 2 dancing lights that appear when you tap your tracker's display rapidly for around 3 seconds and it vibrates?

That is for sure sleep mode. It is an option that will let you track sleep manually. You can also track specific periods of activity with this option. To take it off sleep mode, just do the same, tap the display rapidly until it vibrates!

Also, take a look at this post to check what all the light patterns on the Flex mean!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do wait for my fitbit to die completely or do I charge now that it says the
battery is at medium?
Amanda Layton
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leeminnie Thanks for your reply! You should receive an email or a notification on your mobile device letting you know that the battery is low. This is the best moment for your to start charging your Fitbit tracker.

You can check on your Notifications settings on the online dashboard to make sure the low battery option is enabled for you.

Also, check these charging best practices to get the most out of it!

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and tried the reset. Another forum said to update the firmware but I don't know how to do that. I am very frustrated.

Best Answer

@nananow14 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Sorry for the delayed response. 

Please follow these steps to update the firmware version of your tracker. That should certainly help you out and other on the Fitbit Community! 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the reset with paper clip but no steps showing on Dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

what do I do after I do the paper clip in the charger and no steps show on the dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamoo74 Welcome to the Fitbit family! That usually happens when your tracker is not paired to your account. The best thing to do here to pair it is setting it up.

Please do the following:

• Check if your phone is a supported device.
  • Install the Fitbit app on your phone.
  • Open it and tap Join Fitbit to get started and create an account. If you already have an account tap Log In instead.
  • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  • Tap Set Up a Device.
  • Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

That should certainly help you out. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have a phone to be connected to. I only have Windows 10 on my
computer. I uninstalled Fitbit per instructions via internet Fitbit help. I
then reinstalled Fitbit and tried to set up my device but was told that my
email address and password was being used by someone else. I am a well
educated 77 year old woman and this is VERY frustrating. I love my fitbit
and use it every day to walk and get exercise. What is going on?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamoo74 Thanks for your reply! Were you able to log in to your account?

It is possible that you are trying to set up a new account using the email address from your already existent account. In this case, you just need to log in to your already existent account to then set up the Fitbit tracker. 

When you open the Fitbit app you should get 2 options: Join Fitbit and Log In. Make sure you are selecting the "Log In" option and not the "Join Fitbit" one. Then, you will be instructed to type in your email and password. You should be able to have access to your dashboard. You can then set up your tracker

That should certainly help you out. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your advice but it still is not showing steps. I have used this
Flex fitbit for around 2 years and never had a problem and now it just
stopped showing info on my dashboard. I have trouble understanding the
vocabulary....... i.e. sync dongle and fitbit surge. I can still use it as
it vibrates when I reach my total step #s so think I will just have to be
satisfied with that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamoo74 Thanks for your reply! Did you had access to your account?

If you did, you need to follow these steps to set it up, as that is the reason why your dashboard is not showing steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon:User-added image
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

That should do the trick. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes