Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex stopped tracking steps and sleep.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's my own fault. I was happy with my Flex and commented out loud last week. Saturday it stopped tracking steps and sleep.  I tried restarting it but no luck. It still syncs with My Fitness Pal app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Rshreck, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @DramaQueenDiva, thanks for your help with this situation. Smiley Happy

@Rshreck, as @DramaQueenDiva mentioned, have you tried leaving your tracker charging for a couple of hours? If restarting your tracker was unsuccessful, it's possible the tracker doesn't have enough charge to finish the process. Now, if you have already charged your tracker and it's still unable to be reset and it's still not counting steps or sleep, please reply to me so I can check this further.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried charging it?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rshreck, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @DramaQueenDiva, thanks for your help with this situation. Smiley Happy

@Rshreck, as @DramaQueenDiva mentioned, have you tried leaving your tracker charging for a couple of hours? If restarting your tracker was unsuccessful, it's possible the tracker doesn't have enough charge to finish the process. Now, if you have already charged your tracker and it's still unable to be reset and it's still not counting steps or sleep, please reply to me so I can check this further.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Best Answer
Thank you, this seems to fix the problem!

RShreck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rshreck, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

I charge my Flex overnight.   For several months now the day after charging it will not sync or count steps.  When i plug into my computer to restart it drains it completely and I have to charge again.  Then today it stopped counting  my steps.   I reached 11,000 during my bike riding but when I looked at it on my Android it was only at 10,740.   I have worked on it all evening and got up to 13,000 then it dropped back to 11,500.  Now it will not go any further.   I have restarted it about 25 times and it changes nothing.   I have tried everything I have found on the forums so need something that will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rhondy, I hope you're doing well, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this situation to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please remember that we do not recommend charging your Fitbit tracker overnight, only for 1-2 hours. Now, as you have already tried to restart your Flex, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the Flex and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information previously stored in your account will be deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find a pinhole to reset my flex, Charged it completely and also deleted app and reinstalled but have the same problem, it stopped tracking sleep and steps  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the issue where it stops counting my sleep for one day. Yes it’s fully charged and I even got a replacement. Still the same issue. I have restarted it as well. Why does this happen and how can I avoid it?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have charged my fitbit flex, reset  it multiple times, it will not record steps. Called support line and went through same motions. Still does not 

Please help.

Thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes