Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex suddenly stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Flex 2 months ago and today it suddenly stopped working - when I tapped it, no display lights came up.  The battery was low so I recharged it (which appeared to be successful as all 5 lights were flashing after a few hours in the charger) but when I put it back in the band, the display lights still aren't working and now it won't sync with my iPad either.  I have tried resetting the Flex several times, following the website instructions, but without success.  I even tried resyncing it following the troubleshooting instructions, but that didn't work either.    I noticed when I put the Flex into the charger, that a pattern of 4 solid lights appears (the one in the middle doesn't come on) before it starts charging.  The same light pattern appears briefly after each reset attempt as well.   Has anyone has this issue where the Fitbit has started working again or did you have to get your Flex replaced?

I bought it from a retailer here in Australia who is now in voluntary administration, and am worried that I probably have little or no chance of getting the Flex replaced by them.  I have emailed Fitbit Customer Support, so am hoping they will be able to help.  

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

@mikesmom welcome to the Community! What a good samaritan your neighbor. Cat Embarassed Invite him to the Community, I'm sure he'll have fun here in the Help Forums or the Discussions section. I encourage you to check out our Discussions section where you'll find all sort of interesting topics such as healthy recipes, tips on how to keep fit, suggestions on how to improve your sleeps and have a good night rest and if you have a pet there's a thread dedicated for them. Hope to see you around more often!

@JacRyan welcome to the Community! Yikes, it sounds like you have exhausted all troubleshooting possible. In this case, I recommend contacting our Support Team so they can further assist. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. Let me know how it goes! Cat Embarassed 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are all so good-hearted and trying the troubleshooting steps when FitBit is completely wasting our time because *they changed something that broke their client's syncing* 

As a customer support professional I am appalled at how they are handling this and will soon abandon their product, with as much damage as possible. But they don't seem to care whether they damage their reputation? What is up with that? I want my $100 back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, hey, hey @jenny55103! Thanks for joining the conversation. If you could be a little more specific with the inconveniences your Flex is currently experiencing so we can find a solution together! That's what Fitbit and specially the Community is all about; finding quick solutions! Cat Very Happy Keep me posted, I'll  be looking forward to your new comments! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just stopped working not just one but two is there some dodgey batch of Fitbit hr been sold? I have tried all the resets nothing not a light nothing... hope the scales I bought don't do the same but to be honest there usless without the fit bit 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cyclelife thanks for stopping by! Hey, Have you tried setting up your tracker as a replacement? That sometimes does the trick. However, do not unpair your tracker before doing this. Also, have you contacted our Support Team about it? If you have what did they say? Let me know, I'll be around! Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

I got my first fitbit 2 yrs ago. It was the charge 2. It worked fine for quite awhile and then it just quit. So I really liked it and decided to buy me and my 3 sisters the fitbit alta.. it only works when its plugged in to the charger. Mine is doing this and 1 of my sisters is doing this and I am very upset. I really need the watch for the kind of job I have. I walk alot... and I like to know how many miles I walk in a day. I am very sad. I loved my watch and I guess I'm going to go ahead and stop trying to fix this..taking up way to much of my time. 🤢

Best Answer
0 Votes