Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun not saving at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't see my map from my run last night. Its not coming up!!?

Moderator's edit: Edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

I'm having a similar problem on my Samsung galaxy s8 (yes I know it is not on the compatible list but ...). The app tracks and maps my route and when I select 'Finish' it displays the track on the map along with distance and time info. If I then move off the page all the details and map of the walk are lost and only the steps are recorded. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Hey folks!

I'm enjoying my new Alta HR. The fact that it's capturing HR all day for a more accurate cal burn is fantastic. But, that's not where my issue comes into play.

When I go for a jog or a walk, I like to use FitBit's MobileTrack feature (app version 2.48 on my new GS8+) to capture GPS mapping, elevation and all the other neato metrics that the Altra HR by itself does not.  Usually, after the I hit end on the workout, it'll show me the summary, and take me back to to the app dash. But when I immediately revisit the activity, it will have pulled in the Alta HR data like heart rate and whatever else, and updated the activity with a better calorie count and a heart rate tab to show all that jazz.  It's pretty fantastic! I love how the app can combine the tracker data with the MobileTrack data to enhance the activity.

The only problem is, it'll delete the activity at random! Sometimes, when I hit finish on MobileTrack, it'll show me the summary, I'll hit back like normal, and POOF: the activity doesn't show up AT ALL in my exercises. It completely disappears leaving me to guestimate a manual logging. I read somewhere that it may have to do with whether or not you hit the pause button during the activity. I haven't tested this; can someone confirm?

Here's the TL;DR version of what I typed above: daily tracking works great. However, MobileTrack randomly deletes the activity it just tracked instead of combining the results with the AltaHR tracker data.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@Shredenbacher Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here. 

This is an issue that is being investigated. Please check this post and reply answering all the questions there. That will be very useful to have this fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience. See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi just wondering if this problem with the Android app not saving maps during walks or runs has been resolved as it is happening when I do my walks...it shows it straight after I finish but when I want to review it again it is lost! I have tried uninstalling app and installing again and I have tried re booting phone but it continues to not save my exercise..would love to know what to do has it is disheartening not to be able to compare pace, distance time etc to see if i'm improving! thank you

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! This is being investigated right now by the Fitbit team. The best thing to do is to answer all the questions found on this post. Reply to that post with your answers, that way Fitbit will keep investigating this issue until resolved. An update will be made on that thread once the issue gets completely resolved.

Also, be aware on new updates for the Fitbit app. That should include a fix!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi all,

This strange problem (or I just do not know where to look) occurs to me. When I go outside for a run I manually track it, I do the same thing for a walk. Strange thing is, after my run I see detailed information on my run with splits etc, but when I want to check it later on the day all this information is gone. I cannot find my pace, the route I ran, it's all missing! When I do this for a walk I can find the information back..

Any solution to this? 

Best Answer

Hiked today - tracked via GPS the whole time - at the end it showed finish with time and mileage but then nothing shows up on dashboard other than 57" of activity. Nothing showing under exercise. This happens about every other hike/walk. Very frustrating. I manually input what I remember.

Best Answer

@Lprinzi Thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! I moved your post to this thread which is exactly about the issue you are experiencing. 

Check this post and reply to the questions that are there. This will help Fitbit to keep investigating this. 

Thanks for reporting and for your patience! 

See you around! 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lprinzi Thanks for your reply! Fitbit is currently investigating this issues. Please reply on this thread answering all the questions found on this post. This will help on finding a solution.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I've experienced this problem (map appearing after hitting Finish, but not actually appearing in Exercise or saving) since Easter. 

I typically use it on the Tracking feature, for running. I have a Flex2, the issue never came up with my Flex. Phoneung Galaxy S7, and it's running Android 7.0. 

I now have to screenshot the map initially and then manually enter the times, distance to track. Last weekend, it did something new where it recorded part of the run with the auto-track feature for exercise so I edited the times and distance, but still didn't get the map or the mile-by-mile pacing data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem. I did some testing yesterday after my hike and was able to share it to a facebook group, send in an email, text message, and else I tried but when I went back to the fitbit app it wasn't there. I have also shared a previous run on fitbit and had friends comment on it, but it wasn't in my app.

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Android 7.0

Fitbit app version 2.52 (updated yesterday before hike)

I've only had the phone for a couple weeks. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I was having the exact same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GerbrenJ Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to this specific thread which is about the issue you are experiencing. This is an issue that is currently being investigated to find a solution.

What Fitbit needs is for you to reply answering all of the questions held on this post. That is the data Fitbit needs to find a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone - HTC One M8

Fitbit Version 2.52 (2193138)

I've had problems with both Walk and Hike

Most recently, Saturday 7/1 - Hike Corwina Park to Panorama Park (Evergreen) and today 7/3 - Walk Bear Creek Greenbelt (Lakewood)

Both times I hit FINISH, it showed distance and time, and then it was gone - didn't even time to get a screen shot today 😞

THANKS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

just posted my answers - thanks!  

is this happening on all fitbits or just the basic one that i have?  i'm due to replace it because the band is splitting but i don't want to continue with the same issues if it's happening across all fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 7.0

I am using mobile run. I have lost several runs, the most recent was today at about 18.20.

This is demotivating as I am unable to track progress.

Best Answer

And again today...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, this is a BIG PROBLEM for FitBit and shouldn't happen.  If FitBit was still a start-up, it would be acceptable, but now they have millions of users, unacceptable.  Any fix yet, FitBit?  I'll find a new tracking device soon if it keeps dropping my exercises!

Best Answer

This issue for me wouldn't be so bad, since I know the exact time I started my walk and the exact time I ended my walk, and I was wearing my FitBit the entire time, but the logic FitBit has come up with for adding an activity manually has to be the worst decision I've ever seen a company make in regards to it's product behavior.  Tell me, if I was wearing my FitBit from 12-1pm, and it logs 7834 steps, why should the app override the ACTUAL STEPS with estimated steps based on (estimated distance / stride length)??  Time doesn't even factor in it seems.  Why not give me the option of using previously tracked steps, and just be able to set a window of time?  Couldn't the app calculate distance based on steps * stride length?

This makes zero sense to me about how the app would override accurate step counts with inaccurate ones.  Just let me set the time I hiked/walked, like 12-1pm, and give me the choice of using the accurate count on my fitbit that it logged during that time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the app to log my walks on a daily basis. Press finish, see the celebratory green screen and the map I travelled. Go back to the dashboard and that map is gone into cyberspace, never to be seen again. I'd definitely like to be able to pull these maps up again for future reference (especially my walk today the way I zig zagged through the woods in an unmarked tangle of paths)

Best Answer