Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a message on fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I delete some messages that some friends sent me on fitbit?  I would like to clear them all and start fresh?  Please Help...thanks

Best Answer
11 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi! It's great to have you here @littlefox. The messages you receive on your Fitbit Dashboard can't be manually deleted or removed, instead, they are automatically removed after 30 days. This is the same with the cheers and taunts your friends send you. Smiley Happy

Happy steppin'!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi everybody! I was able to find another thread in which @acuffkim shared a workaround that might help you out. Log to this thread here.

Let me know if this helped you out. Robot wink

Best Answer
Awesome! This fix seems to have worked for me. Thank you Melissa and @acuffkim! Finally back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's wonderful to hear @CH_Oregon, all credits go to @acuffkimRobot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have messages going back 441 days...I thought they were automaticly removed after 30 day...

@UF wrote:

I have one message 63 days old. So much for automatic.

Best Answer
I logged out of the app and this time it seemed to work; all messages are now marked as read.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorted!!!!!!
Log out of your app on your phone and then log back in - all old notifications are gone! hopefully for good Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Those are excellent news everybody! Keep up the good work. 

Any other questions, please let me know. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mguajardo -
Log out of your app on your phone and then log back in - all old notifications are gone! hopefully for good Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by the Community @Mguajardo. This has been an issue reported by many users and what @wincy1 recommended is the best you can do since this has helped users that are experiencing the same.

If you still need help with this, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @littlefox. If you don't want to receive any more replies from this thread, you can unsubscribe from it by clicking on the option "Topic Options" at the top of the thread > Then select "Unsubscribe". After this, you should no longer recieve any notifications or messages.

Let me know if you still need help with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
110 REPLIES 110

Hi! It's great to have you here @littlefox. The messages you receive on your Fitbit Dashboard can't be manually deleted or removed, instead, they are automatically removed after 30 days. This is the same with the cheers and taunts your friends send you. Smiley Happy

Happy steppin'!

Best Answer

aThanks so much Melissa, problem solved.  You are the best!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @littlefox! Keep up the good work. Woman Very Happy  

Best Answer
0 Votes

just curious...why can't they be deleted or removed ?

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @ctgraning! Well, this option is not included in the Dashboard, this is why you are not able to delete any messages, cheers or taunts. I see that other users are very interested in having this option available, that is why I always recommend you type in this request in the Feature Requests forum.

Have a great day! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have message on my iPad going back 196 days. It still shows all 16 messages as not read. I think the program is not working for me.
Best Answer

I also have messages older than 30 days showing.  In addition, I'm getting the notification icon on my iphone app that I have new messages...and I don't.

Best Answer

I have messages, cheers and taunts from 75 days ago, and 81 showing as unread/new.

Apparently they do not delete after 30 days.

Best Answer

Come on guys, it has been 10 months since community asks for messages delete options. It's like Copy/Paste for first iphone...

You have choices : directly on watch or even mobile app.

Best Answer

I have one message 63 days old. So much for automatic.

Best Answer

First of all, I do love my fitbit!!

But, I am having an issue where messages, some older than 150 days are continually popping up on my "friend" screen. I don't think any of my messages have ever dropped off.  It wasn't an issue as long as I didn't go to the "messages" section of the "Friends" screen.  But not that they are popping up automatically, I really do wish I could delete them.

Heyyyy, maybe the Fitbit team is working on the deleting issue and that is why these little buggars are acting differently???  Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

Yesterday, I received a notification on the bottom of my friends screen that I had 16 messages.  This has never happened before.  I had previously read the messages, so I don't know why they are showing in bold and not read?  Same thing happened to my daughter's fitbit flex yesterday as well.  A glitch somewhere???

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update to the application on 6/22.  I wonder if that has bugs in it...

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit has never deleted messages. Some a year old.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that is what is happening to mine too.  Previously read messages are showing up as unread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently, there is an issue with the Fitbit app showing old messages. The engineering team is working on a fix which is planned to be released soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime you can resolve the issue by logging out and logging back into the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
I found out how to delete so thanks everyone for the answer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 7 new messages showing; however, I don't have any new messages, they've all been read. How do I clear them?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

if you have found a way to delete them can you please share, many thanks!

Best Answer