Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a message on fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I delete some messages that some friends sent me on fitbit?  I would like to clear them all and start fresh?  Please Help...thanks

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

The same with me....if I reply, the look like they are read, if I don't reply, they stay as new

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MisterJAD wrote:
I have message on my iPad going back 196 days. It still shows all 16 messages as not read. I think the program is not working for me.

I have the same problem.....

THANK YOU!!!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! I was able to find another thread in which @acuffkim shared a workaround that might help you out. Log to this thread here.

Let me know if this helped you out. Robot wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
Awesome! This fix seems to have worked for me. Thank you Melissa and @acuffkim! Finally back to normal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's wonderful to hear @CH_Oregon, all credits go to @acuffkimRobot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Success!!! This worked for me. You have to log out of the app using your phone. It immediately lets you log back in. Be careful though, you will need to remember your password. You find the logout feature by going to "account" at the bottom of your screen, then "Log out of App". Back to normal now. Good luck.
Best Answer

Sorted!!!!!!

Log out of your app on your phone and then log back in - all old notifications are gone! hopefully for good Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have messages going back 441 days...I thought they were automaticly removed after 30 day...

@UF wrote:

I have one message 63 days old. So much for automatic.

Best Answer
I logged out of the app and this time it seemed to work; all messages are now marked as read.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorted!!!!!!
Log out of your app on your phone and then log back in - all old notifications are gone! hopefully for good Smiley Happy
Best Answer

Those are excellent news everybody! Keep up the good work. 

Any other questions, please let me know. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I have messages from 2-3 months ago that have not gone away.... I would like to know how to get rid of these and If they are supposed to disappear after 30 days how come they are still there? If there is an issue I would like to please know about it and what is going on with this.. This is so frustrating because its just accumulating.
Best Answer
Mguajardo -
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by the Community @Mguajardo. This has been an issue reported by many users and what @wincy1 recommended is the best you can do since this has helped users that are experiencing the same.

If you still need help with this, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All, I posted this a long time ago and have gotten several great answers, but they keep coming in and I don't know how to stop the answers coming in on this question I posted a long time ago.  Any one know how to do that?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @littlefox. If you don't want to receive any more replies from this thread, you can unsubscribe from it by clicking on the option "Topic Options" at the top of the thread > Then select "Unsubscribe". After this, you should no longer recieve any notifications or messages.

Let me know if you still need help with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, I did it!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is awesome to hear @SunsetRunner! Keep up the good job.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't be done as of yet, however there is a preventive workaround.

Top right click on the cog icon, scroll down and click on "Settings".

On the left side click on "Notifications".

Under "Messages from Friends" unclick the mobile checkmark and click the Email one instead.

Bottom right click Save.

This will not delete anything existing within your mobile FB app AND it will make receiving friend messages two more clicks complicated, but IF you do receive some inappropriate notifications, you KNOW how to delete an email.

Best Answer
0 Votes