Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you clean the wristband?

SOLVED

Hi there, 

I just bought my Flex a few days ago. I wore it under my suit jacket at work, and some of the black from the suit rubbed onto my band. I tried soap and water, but it didn't work. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I take a cotton ball and carefully  wipe mine with rubbing alcohol or nail cleaner. . It takes dirt and discoloration from materials off without damaging the band. I don't know if that's what they recommend or not, but it hasn't hurt mine at all. 

Accepted Solution
16 REPLIES

I take a cotton ball and carefully  wipe mine with rubbing alcohol or nail cleaner. . It takes dirt and discoloration from materials off without damaging the band. I don't know if that's what they recommend or not, but it hasn't hurt mine at all. 

Accepted Solution

I tried the nail polish remover, it didn't work. I will have to go grab some rubbing alcohol. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Thanks, this worked!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Mine became discolored by a pair of blue jeans that I wore.  Now it just looks DIRTY! I tried nail polish remover and alcohol.  Neither worked.  Any other ideas?

Accepted Solution

itasham wrote:

Mine became discolored by a pair of blue jeans that I wore.  Now it just looks DIRTY! I tried nail polish remover and alcohol.  Neither worked.  Any other ideas?

Me too. It's clean but stained. Nail polish remover makes it better, as does rubbing alcohol, but it only takes off minimal stains.

I noticed this page suggests something from an art supply store. I have some of this--I'm going to dig it out and try it.

Accepted Solution

Thanks a lot!  Going to try this today.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I've tried both the rubbing alcohol and the nail polish remover and neither worked.  Mine appears to be the same type of stain - from my black sweaters.

Accepted Solution

Perhaps Mr. Clean magic erasers? They seem to work on everything!

Accepted Solution
Well, I hope someone pays you the big bucks.it worked! Thank you!!!
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

It didn't remove the stains completely from my black sweaters, tops BUT it made is significantly better.  Thank you so much for the suggestion! 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Yay! Happy  to hear Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I just got my fitbit last week and it already changed colour due to my dark brown sweater. I am a bit worried that nail polish or alcohol will change the original colour, is it safe? :/

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I tried the nail polish remover and it worked somewhat but my stain was sun screen on a black band.  I was thinking about getting a new band for my alta HR but before I do, what color do you all have that was stained by dark sweaters?  Does anyone have the leather band?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
I typically get black and pink bands. The pink picks up the black from
sweaters, the black sunscreen. I now just buy new bands. Don't waste
your $$$ on the Tory Burch bracelets. Mine didn't last 6 months 😓
Accepted Solution

Hi. I have lavender one, I rescued it but I haven't worn my sweater since then Smiley Sad I am now thinking about new bracelet and probably the safest one is black or steel.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
I have a black wristband and it gets stained with hand creams or sunscreen
so I still have to clean it. Darker is probably better for dark sweaters
and other clothing, however. There is also a dark redish purple or berry
color which might not stain. Nail polish remover did work to clean the
sunscreen stains.
Accepted Solution
0 Votes