Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379

I've written an article on this very topic, plus there's a good amount of people that have written comments with their Fitbit stories. As I use more Fitbit models their stories will be added. The article is 'How long does a Fitbit last?'

Best Answer
My Fitbit only lasted 10 1/2 months. I called and they mailed me a new one.
Customer service has been good to me so far.

Mary
Best Answer

I have had two flexes in 1 1/2 years.  The first one lasted less than 6 months, but Amazon replaced it free of charge, now my 2nd one has died and I believe it is out of warranty as I've had it about a year and couple months.  Never showered with it ... so not water issues.

Best Answer

I have had my fitbit for about a year and a half and all of a sudden it won't hold a charge.  Going to try and clean the connections and hope and pray that it will continue to work.

Best Answer

I absolutely love the idea of Fitbits and I have purchased several, however, some of them do not last. I purchased a Fitbit Surge for over $225 and it didn't even last one year. The band was poorly made and wore out very quickly. I will say Fitbit support replaced my watch but the replacement watch only lasted 3-4 months. The band came unglued from the watch. I do not wear the watch in any water, shower, or anything. I clean it only as instructed by the Fitbit website. I was then given a replacement watch and it did the same exact thing! I cannot believe such an expensive watch can be so poorly made and will only last a couple of months. It should be at least made like the flex or Alta so you can purchase a new band if needed, which I would not mind doing. Poor quality for such a high price. So sad since I love it otherwise. :(((

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

G'day RoboMofo, I had my first Charge HR for about 9 months, then the band came away from the main housing. To be fair I wa not the kindest of owners to the Charge HR and I was suprised that it lasted as long as it did. I received a new one under warranty from JB Hi-Fi which was one of the easiest processes ever. I really like the size of the Charge HR but may upgrade to a Blaze when this one kicks out. 

Cheers

Robbie

Life is a Game
Happy People are the Players
Unhappy People are the Spectators
Which Would You Like to Be?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I havent had one last longer than 9 months. Im on my 3rd, which I will exchange for my 4th tomorrow because it is no longer syncing and crashes battery wise, even after full charge within an hour. I finally got smart and bought the insurance with this one so I can exchange no questions asked. I had alerted fitbit last time this happened,and they wanted me to wait and do all the things I was already doing before they were willing to replace. Such as restarting, charging until full. Which is really all you can do. In my experience, once the data is no longer syncing despite restarting the device its broken. 

Having said that, I love this product. Even though its kind of a pain to replace every 6 months or so, its worth it for me to get my data. I am also a very active person who loves combat sports, so I'm not sure if its breaking down because of my preferred type of activity. (Boxing/Kickboxing/BJJ)

Best Answer
I had my charge for about a year and then I lost it!! I've had my alto for about a week!
Best Answer
Each one lasted less than a year. Shortest time was about 4montha
Best Answer
Mine has lasted for about 2 years so I consider myself lucky I guess after
reading some of these posts. lol
Best Answer

You're very lucky. I am really careful with watch and allow no water to get
on it yet two bands have come unglued. My workplace offers incentives for
wearing Fitbit and I have noticed a lot of surge wearers that the band is
unglued around the screen

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
I have the Fitbit Flex and I have had two bands to break. I lost my first
fitbit after about 2 mos I think and they sent me another one to replace it
and have had this one since. I have been in the shower with mine but don't
make it a habit. Got my son the Fitbit Surge for Christmas and not sure if
his is still working or not. If not, I will be very upset... These things
are to expensive not to be lasting a few years unless a person is abusing
it.
Best Answer
A few years you will be lucky! But I totally agree.
Best Answer

I've had my current Charge HR for 8 or 9 months with no issues.  I wear it 24/7 (third party waterproofed) and although there's a few scratches around the edges it's in decent shape.  I have a One kicking around, but I kept losing it, or the charger, or both.  I don't have the charger at the moment to see if it still works.  I bought a Blaze this week, mainly for the swapable bands, but I'm still getting used to it.  I wasn't even a watch wearer originally.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Just keeps on working for me.

Fitbit Flex used every day for over 1 year 9 months.

Still running and charging with no problem encountered.

I never use it in the water though.

Best Answer
All my other fit bits lasted a long time (zip and charge). The surge is
another story! And the most expensive...
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is good. I think mine is finally dying. It keeps acting up on me.
Bought my son the surge and am very disappointed in it. Not worth the
money if you ask me.
Best Answer

My first FitBit Flex lasted 4 months and wouldn't hold a charge anymore and kept shutting off.  Amazon replaced it free and the 2nd one last just over a year and also stopped charging and would shut off.  I changed brands and now have something else, which I hope lasts more than a year

Best Answer

I am now on my 5th flex. I bought one, it died after 9 months and I never even thought of the warranty so bought another. When this died after 10 months I contacted the warranty team and they replaced it and then replaced that one when it died after 5 months but I am a little obsessed so I couldnt wait for the replacement and had to go to the shop and replace it immediately. Hope this one lasts longer. I do wear it in the shower at times but dry it afterwards.

I am wondering whether I should get a different model which might last longer when this one dies but I like being able to change the strap colour and wear it all the time.

Best Answer
Well I have had mine now I think a couple of years and right now its not
working very well. It shows it is fully charged but when I tap on it none
of the lights will show up. Did notice when in the charger one of the
lights is an amber color just ever so slightly. Have not noticed that
before. I think it is time to get a new one. Sure wish for the price that
they would last longer.
Best Answer