Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379

I think mine died last night...just before our "active" vacation. Can't get it to charge, even after reset. Bought it in October 2014, so I figure I got my money's worth. Still, I didn't want to have to buy one now. Oh well... I must have one.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had countless Fitbits: One (3-4 times), Charge Hr (twice), and now Flex. (Ok, so maybe not "countless."  

In my experience, 12-18 months max. I'm considering an Apple Watch because I'm tired of these dying. 

Best Answer

Hello all,

I had my flex for nearly 4 years now.  For the past few days now it has been blinking and vibrating and convulsing.  I ran quite a bit this past weekend and it might have gotten quite a bit sweaty.  I ran 12 miles and it registered 2400 steps.  I knew something wasn't quite right.  I have reset it twice now and nothing much changed.  It dies after about 3 hours.  I think it is dying a slow death.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I've had countless Fitbits: One (3-4 times), Charge Hr (twice), and now Flex. (Ok, so maybe not "countless."  

In my experience, 12-18 months max. I'm considering an Apple Watch because I'm tired of these dying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I must agree, it's hard to shell out $140 every year for a new Fitbit. I like the technology,  but they really need to be waterproof/sweatproof. I live in Texas and it's easily 80°+ even in the winter and easily 90-104° in the summer, so sweat is just a reality of living here.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

I'very had mine for six years.  It won't sinc anymore, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has lasted for six years so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has lasted for six years. It has just stopped sincing, though 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has lasted for six years. It has just stopped sincing, though 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine  has lasted for six years so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for six years.  It is just now starting to stop sincing, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for six years

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has lasted for six years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has listed for.six years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fasten my Fitbit to my clothing - it is about 21/2 years old - recently it doesn't record the same amount of steps when I walk the same park path I always have. I wonder if it is wearing out? 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to say I am on my 7th or 8th Flex.  Mine have lasted anywhere from 3 months to 8 months with all being replaced (very quickly) from Fitbit.  I love the way they operate but first mine stop syncing when requested or sync when they feel like it or the latest - sync time gets to be longer and longer and then dies.  I'm trying to set up a spare one but am having problems so may have to shift to the HR which was recommended by someone on this site.  Thanks for the tip about trade in - I asked a couple of years ago but was told they wouldn't/didn't do that.  Keep stepping - longest time I've ever kept track of calories and exercise - bought it to keep track of my  sleep.

GS in B.C.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to the Fitbit Community, I have a Blaze. After reading all the comments, I was wondering if your purchase was not from Fitbit Products-- and purchased from any of the other places that they are available at--like Best Buy, or Amazon--and you have issues that it may need to be replaced--would the Fitbit folks replace it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replaced mine the first time. The replacement (likely a refurb) had problems 3 months later and they would not replace that.
Best Answer

My Flex had been needing to be charged daily and I missed a lot of steps during work "challenges", so I decided to upgrade. We have a program where I work that co-workers can give each other points when we do good deeds and I had saved enough points to get an Alta. I've had it less than two weeks, but I love it, especially that it reminds me to get up and move every hour. My Flex was almost 3. I figure that's a pretty good return on my initial investment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've written an article about how long a Fitbit lasts, and amongst all the comments on the story are numerous people who have had success in obtaining a replacement device, regardless of where it was originally purchased.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine in Best Buy whilst over in USA. On returning to UK the battery died. I got hold of customer service and had to send a copy of my receipt from Best Buy and they replaced the Fitbit Flex and mailed it to UK which I thought was excellent service.

Best Answer