Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379
Thank you for that info.

Char
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello whoever you are -

First one lasted about 8-9 months; I think I'm on my 7 or 8th replacement.
None have lasted a full year. When they work they are terrific and have
discovered that the more active you are the shorter the battery life is
before it needs charging. Love the little devil but when the current one
dies I will be investing in something else.
Best Answer
Wow that's a lot of replacements. Thanks for info.

Char
Best Answer
0 Votes
It usually take three days for my fit bit to die
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Char
Best Answer
0 Votes

What brand did you end up going with? how is it holding up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the Blaze and I average 4 days on battery time. Love it.

Char
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through 7 in slightly less than 4 years. None made it past the 8
month mark; they just wouldn't sync. I bought a Charge 2 a few weeks ago.
It is even nicer than the Flex but it doesn't seem to sync on its own. I
have to actually ask it to do it and finding the icon for that took hours of
trial and error. Instructions were not too clear. Love the two minute
relaxing exercise and the fact it tells time.

I did discover that in both the Flex and the Charge 2 that the more you
exercise or use the functions the faster it seems to eat up the charge.

Still they have helped me increase my exercise (mostly walking) and would
recommend to anyone who is serious about moving.

Enjoy - G

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I asked this if Fitbit customer service and they refused to give an answer. Mine won't keep charged for more than a day or two and it's 2.5 years old. FitBit told me there was as nothing they could do but I could buy a new one. Not happy.

Best Answer

Same experience.

Fitbit flex dead at 2.5 years and I babied it and cleaned regularly and no water. They replaced the charge once after 5 months. Sure wishes they lasted longer.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Mine is lasting about 2 days now. It is my fourth one in 4 years. Will upgrade to a different one next time X

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

That's just crazy. I am complaining that I only got 2.5 years out of mine. You must have more patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first Fitbit Charge HR lasted only 5 months and died. I got another and now 18 months later it started freezing on me and then showing time incorrectly. So, probably that will die soon too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 years for Me in perfect condition!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit flex lasted five years.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

RoboMofo,

I've had 3 Fitbit devices (Flex, Charge and Charge HR). My Flex lasted, but I won a Charge through my employer so I upgraded. The Charge stopped keeping a charge after 3 months so Fitbit replaced it with a Charge HR. I enjoyed the Charge HR, but I started noticing that the band was breaking near the display after almost 1 year exactly. Long story short, the Charge HR still worked but one side of the band broke off and I was having to put it in my pocket to count my steps!! I just upgraded to a Fitbit Blaze today. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one and make sure to replace/fix any issues before the 1 year warranty is up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 years in perfect condition....died literally the day I upgraded to Alta HR.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lasted one and a half years. (Flex 1)

Actually even less time than that, because there were two replacements sent when it was still under warranty. And it hasn't been holding a charge for the last three months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit charge ... for almost two years .... I have had to replace it once.... and my 2nd year is up in February and let oks luke I will be replacing it again... only this time it’s not under warranty 

I had

to replace my charge HR band less than a year in .... and have it replaced ( I was getting the half bar symbol) I am in year 2 and will need to do it again..... not syncing and band is breaking 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a HR charger fit bit which lasted for one year approximately. I contacted customer service and it was still under warranty so they replaced it. Unfortunately the replacement has now died after one year's time and the warrantee is no longer in effect. It had the exact same problem which I believe is a design flaw and that is that the face pulls away from the band. I like the product but I don't like the fact that it' one year later and I'm now broken down again.

Best Answer