Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379
I had my charge HR for less than a year before I had it replaced ... and not even a year before I bought a new one .....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain. Hopefully FitBit fixes the problem.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope so too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
One year approx.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very disappointed in my fit bit longevity.  I do not want to spend 150$ on something for less than a years use.  I have gone through two in less that a year and a half.  The first one was no issue, they sent me a refurbished one when the last one stopped charging.  Now this one is doing the same thing and I have only had it 5 months.  Thinking of switching to an Apple Watch 

Best Answer

My charge HR made it two years and 9 months.  I had to replace two dongles but when I started syncing via the phone that worked for over a year.  Now the face is cracked as well as the back plastic near the screws.  Decided not to replace and am trying something with GPS.  At the same time I bought mine, I bought one for my dad.  His only lasted a couple of months before needing to replace.  Wouldn't hold a charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter's Alta lasted 26 months before its battery suddenly would not last all day. Charging it overnight then having it die before getting home was not acceptable, so we bought a new one. My wife"s Charge2 is 18 months and works great. My Charge2 is 10 months, I broke the band when it got caught on something, bought a $7 replacement band and it's good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze died today, almost 2 years exactly. Co Worker's died about 3 months ago. 10k steps almost every day for the two years, plus running weekly. Co worker about the same. A little disappointed that my 250.00 toy died so quickly.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do agree. They should be made to last at least 5 years. Hopefully FitBit will be working on that or I may have to switch to another device.

Best Answer

On a positive note, I contacted Fitbit to gripe a little and they were surprisingly helpful. I had a prepaid envelope to return within 5 minutes and a commitment to replace the unit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes me too but when the replacement failed due to the duration of time, they wouldn’t replace the replacement. This is what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2. The display went dead one month and 2 weeks after the one-year warranty expired.   It still holds a charge and seems to be registering steps and sleep. Just no display.  I'm not a happy camper.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact customer service

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get a response?  I am wondering the same thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes there were responses. Many Fitbits die after 2 years but some have gone to Fitbit directly and gotten a discount on buying a new one. It seems their service folks supply different answers about longevity. I still have no satisfactory response on whether they are trying to increase their longevity or not. Some folks are satisfied to keep buying them every couple of years. All that said I bought an Alta to replace it and love having the clock and ability to see text messages. I had one of the earliest models and it appears things have improved since then.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Absolutely contact customer service! I received my replacement the week before last and it's a brand new unit. Pretty happy. I was way past my warranty and logged 8 million steps.

Best Answer
When I called they were no help and said I could get a small discount if I bought a new one. So keep calling to you get the answer you want.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

How far past your warranty?  Mine was 3 months and all they would do was give me a 25% discount on the one I had, not any of the new product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over a year on mine. The blaze was a little over 2 years old. 

Best Answer
As I recall I had my Flex for less than a year and it wouldn’t work so they replaced it. Then the charger wouldn’t work and they replaced that. But it was all less than a year old then. When it was having charging issues (had to charge everyday) at 2.5 years old I called them and they didn’t offer me anything. I think they warranty them for one year and after that it’s the luck of the draw.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes