Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day.  Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

My first fitbFit HR charge lasted just under 2 yrs when the button on the side broke. Because they couldn't give me a replacement part, they gave me a new one which just stopped running after just under 2 yrs also. At first it stopped syncing to my phone and a few days later, the face went black. I will be contacting them about this when I am home from traveling to see what they will do. I wear mine 24/7 except when showering or charging. My charge lasts 3 days. I've really enjoyed it but feel it should last longer. I have always taken good care of it. GiGo luck.

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Gingiroo! I appreciate your feedback about your Fitbit devices. This helps us to keep improving our products and services. 

Before contacting Support, you can try a couple of things. To make sure that your Charge HR is working correctly, restart it. Also, you can check out the help articles Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? and Why isn't my battery charging?

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
I've already restarted it 3 times before it died but it didn't work. It
still wouldn't sync. According to my phone, the Fitbit is fully charged but
the screen wear I see my activities is blank.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply and for all the troubleshooting you already tried @Gingiroo! To further assist you, I've created a Support case for you.

You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I thought after one year that my alta had died but customer service gave me some hints to try to see if I could get it working again. Yes, it certainly helped and has lasted another year. It is now about 2 1/2 years old. It now needs to be charged every two days and it is doing a poor job at times keeping track of steps. In certain places and stores, it can go an hour without tracking steps.  I will be getting a new one soon but haven't decided which to buy -- another alta or charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree it should last longer for the price. You should contact Fitbit and let them know. They may help you with a discount for a new one. It’s time to not be such a throw away society and I think Fitbit can do better.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
My flex was replaced seven times I believe with no problem. Unfortunately
none of them lasted a year and they wouldn't let me pay the difference for
an upgrade - I asked.

I bought a Charge 2 (based on recommendations from users on the site) and
haven't had any problems to speak of. There was a slight hic-up when they
did an update but that was fixed quickly. Because this one tells the
time/date I don't have to wear a watch.

Good luck
Best Answer

Thank you for all of your responses. I have had the watch for three years which works out to $100 per year. So maybe I should not expect more from Fitbit. However, to compare, I have had other watches for over 5 years and still no problems.

Ecowan

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experiences with us, I understand your concern about the lifespan of your Fitbit trackers and appreciate your feedback about it. As mentioned earlier, we do not expect manufacturing issues with our devices but please note that every Fitbit device comes with a limited product warranty (Return Policy & Warranty). 

If you have already contacted our Support Team, please continue working with them as they will be more than happy to provide you a resolution. If not, please let me know so I can check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your post. I have had the Fitbit Surge for exactly three years and the battery no longer charges, the strap is worn in several places, on the back it has actually come off the main part of the watch. About two months ago I could no longer swipe it with out trying many times. During the past three years I have not worn it in the water (of course) and have not actually worn it for several of the months because when I travelled I did not take it with me.

About two months ago I did contact Tech support and told them everything but they could not do anything because it was at that time almost three years old. I continued to wear it until it no longer even charged. I also went to the store where I purchased it and they too told me there was nothing they could do because I had not bought their extended two year warranty. But now it is three years old.

Maybe I am expecting too much from a $300 watch (that is $100/year) however, I do have several other watches that are much older than 3 years. Why did this one break down?

Not sure you can help but that is the story of my FitBit Surge watch.

Elizabeth

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
This is what I was worried about. I have had my blaze for 4 months and it
just stopped charging. Granted, I am getting a replacement but I will now
be without my watch for 5-7 days. I just expect more out of the watch. It
is very disappointing
Best Answer
0 Votes

It was two years old before it started acting up and then just last week, July 2nd was the last syncing.  I purchased it July 15th, 2015.

Good luck with yours.  I hope it last a lot longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

there has been a few responses.... i have since bought a Charge2 and well so far......

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first Fitbit lasted for six years.

Update:

I love my Fitbit. My first one lasted for six years.  I upgraded to an aria flex. I have had no problems at all. I recommend this weight loss tool to people all of the time. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have purchased three Fitbits, none lasted more than 8 months. At this point I am so frustrated with them. I have given up. I am really disappointed to have wasted so much time and money on something that does not last very long.Betina
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have shared your experiences with me and I'm glad to see some of you have had your Fitbit devices for a long time. As mentioned before, if you haven't contacted our Support Team yet about your tracker or watch, please let me know and provide me as many details as possible about your issue, I'll make sure to help you further. However, if you have already contacted them and you have a case, the best course of action is to keep working with our team, I'm sure they will be more than happy to continue assisting you. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never had a Fitbit last more than two years.  I wear mine almost everyday and have never had it in water.  I have the Alta. 

Best Answer

My first Fitbit charge lasted about 9 months.  My second fitbit charge 2 lasted under two years.  Company offered me a 25% off coupon, but I will take my business elsewhere.  Fool me, once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!  

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit for almost three years and never wore it in water.  I couldn't swipe it, the band came of the back of the watch and then it could no longer charge.  For a $300 watch I expected more.

I have already taken my business elsewhere.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes