Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379

Hi @Betina, thanks for getting back!

I'm very sorry about this. Our Support Team needs to abide by the warranty policies. and this is the reason why they might not be able to replace your tracker at no cost.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. It's highly appreciated! If you need help with anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which type of Fitbit was it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Only lasted 18 months.  The battery dies so the Fitbit won’t hold charge over 5 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit Flex
Best Answer
0 Votes
18 months.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 is dying after 18 months of use.  Out of US warranty (EU warranty is 2yrs ... US only 1 ... go figure).  Missing lines of pixels on screen and now screen has begun to fade (upper right hand corner can no longer be read and it gets worse each day).  Never had to replace band.  Normal everyday use ... no water (no swimming, showering, etc.).  Walking, no running.  Just started to crap out.  Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was less than 18 months.  They cost around 8-10 a month.  Not a good deal even when you break it down. That’s two I had that were trash. I’ll never buy another one

Best Answer
Agree...have you found a alternative product? I'll be looking for another
one soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice if the FitBit folks that manage this site would provide whether FitBit is even trying to look into this issue with their development teams or not. If FitBit would provide some answers on longevity that go beyond an explanation of warranties and discounts on our next purchase, and provide info. That their developers are working on improving the longevity then some of us may stick with FitBit. In the mean time folks should tell us what alternatives they have found.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I am on my second flex.  The first one lasted about 20 months.  The second is about 2 years old but I think it will need replacing soon (shame as I have lots of bands, some still in their packets unused) as the battery doesn't last like it used to.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, while my fitbit is on the charger ill have my phone on me to track my steps with mobile track

Best Answer

All of my Fitbits have lasted more than a year:

Flex: September 2015-May 2017

Alta HR: May 2017-Present

Ionic: October 2017-Present

Versa: June 2018-Present

Ace: June 2018-Present

Aria 2: December 2017-Present

Flyer: December 2017- Present

My Flex that died was due to old age, I didn't damage it in any way.  My Versa and Ionic have been drenched in freshwater and each have survived without so much as a scratch on them....they're the only ones I trust in the water.  The others I don't get wet at all, unless I'm washing my hands.  None of the trackers have ever been used in a shower.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

My flex lasted for almost six years.   I use an Alta, now. 

My flex  fitbit lasted for almost five years.

I've had  my alta for two years. I ended up breaking my charger so I bought the standing one. It makes charging much easier. I love my fitbit.

I am glad that I have found a few metal, & leather straps because I'm allergic to silicone.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow - according to other post the longevity of your devices is amazing. Wish FitBit did some research to see why there is such a difference. It may be quality control. Anything past 5 years would make me happy but two or 1.5 years seems wrong considering the price.

Best Answer
Hi there. The post has lasted longer than the 3 FitBits I purchasedNone of the lasted more than 8 months. However this post has been going for years.:(

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for your input on this topic. If you're having issues with your tracker and are still within the warranty period, feel free to let me know so that I can escalate your cases to the Support Team for further assistance.

If you're already out of warranty but would like to know of any other available options to get you back on track, let me know too and I'll be happy to help you out!

Anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Moderator: Can you inform this group whether FitBit is looking into extending longevity of your devices past 2 years? Many believe your cost point is too high for something that only lasts 2 years or less. Is this issue a quality control issue or a product issue? What is FitBit doing about this? This forum needs to hear this not more corporate speak about a one year warranties and talk to a service rep that depending on the day offers anywhere from 10-25% off another device. Please be honest. Thank you.

Best Answer
My Fitbit Surge died after 2 1/2 years. After paying 300 dollars I expected
it to last longer. Not sure what you can do about it.
Elizabeth
--
A man’s reach should exceed his grasp or what’s a heaven for?
Best Answer

Still rocking my Brietling in place of the fitbit. Sucks but I am not spending 2-300 for something with such little confidence. At least the apple watches last, I mean an 18 hour charge sucks but at least it lasts more than 2 years consistently. Everyone at work that bought a fitbit, when our corporate challenges started 10/2016, are all dead. Those who had Apple watches went back to them and several bought new in lieu of buying new fit bits. It would probably help if the warranty replacments lasted more than 2 months and fitbit honered a new warranty on them instead of telling the customer "sorry they are made to the same quality as the orginals, we dont replace defective replacements, here's a 20% coupon"... why do they only last a few months then and the originals last closer to 2 years? I don't need an excuse, this is a non regulated market and fit bit is working it for profit. Reminds me of the RV industry. The customer should be the focus of any product. Give them a QUALITY product and the word will spread on its own. I think we bought 20 originally, I don't think we bought one more since they started dying...

Best Answer

I am 6 months out of warranty. Option I was given was 25% off purchasing
another Fitbit. Can you do better than that? --

(Google Inbox)

Best Answer