cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track carbs and protein on fitbit ?

How to track carbs and protein on fitbit ?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Accepted Solution
20 REPLIES

@PacosMom you can go to your Food Log and scroll down:

Food Log.jpg

Please remember to take a moment to mark the post that best answers your question as the Accepted Solution and Vote for posts that are useful or provide quality content.

Accepted Solution
It would be great if our daily and weekly macronutrients totals could be viewed on the Fitbit app. The only way to see our macronutrients is to view the dashboard online. I'm tracking my calorie intake however I also need to ensure that i meet my total protein allowance.
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the forums @LisaC905! Our Food logging feature does not have the capacity to track your Macros, but you can certainly vote on our Feature Requests boards to have this implemented. Cat Happy

In the meantime I recommend to link your Fitbit Profile to MyFitnessPal which has a Macro and Micro tracker (on the mobile version too!); along with users all over the world and a huge database, including barcode scanner and recipe builder.

They are supported both through a computer as well as through most Smartphones. You can get more information on this page.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Accepted Solution
I fully agree with your comment. Having the ability to track and view such detail would be great on the app regardless. It's slightly hendering when you can't see a graph such as a pie graph or scatter plot to show carbs, fats, sugars and the alike.
Accepted Solution

@Stone98 I hope you're doing well! That is a great idea! You should vote for the idea I left on the reply I made on your previous post. That way, it may get implemented in the nearest future. If you have any other suggestions to make, don't hesitate to suggest them.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Accepted Solution

Hello, 

I see the opportunity to upvote to have macros added to the app. But how many more people need to request/upvote to actually get Fitbit to implement it? Seems there is a huge need for it. 

Accepted Solution

I agree with the need to track carbs, etc...  I am diabetic and need to track my carebs closely all day.  I'm actually considering abandoning fitbit and going with onedrop.  I've been using fitbit for close to five years.

Accepted Solution

@bobinmi Welcome to the Fitbit family! You can actually track your carbs with Fitbit, but only on the online dashboard for the moment. To do so, go to the Log Food section. Scroll down a little to see your "Daily Totals". You will be able to see your carbs and other macros there. Check the picture below!

dailytotals.PNG

Try that option out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

16904793_806373072843105_5724484788390053006_o.jpg

My screen doesn't look anything like yours. I have a Fitbit Alta.  Is your screen only available in more expensive models?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@Monicalucia Thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! By taking a look at the picture you just shared I can see you are using the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

In order for you to see the "Daily Totals" please go to the online dashboard at Fitbit.com. Log in to your account and follow the steps on my previous post.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solution

@Monicalucia You are very welcome! You can also use MyFitnessPal; that you can link with your Fitbit account to see this information!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with, check this friends thread to add some! 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I am looking for the info on my phone.  I knew how to access on my computer.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@dmcafee0 Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! Recently, an update was made to the Fitbit app that will allow you to see some macro-nutrients on the food tile. If you have a food that was previously logged, just tap on it and you should see the macros. If you are going to log food, log it and you should see the macros. It looks like this:

Macros on the Fitbit appMacros on the Fitbit app

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
Thanks. That was what I was looking for. Now if you can get it to total
for the day, like it does on a computer, it would be perfect.
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@dmcafee0 Thanks for your reply! What kind of totals? That would be a great addition. Hopefully, this will be available later on! You can vote for this idea I found on the Feature Suggestions Board which is asking for the same to be implemented soon!

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
I'm thinking of total carbs, fat and protein for the day, so those that
need to track them can access on their phones.
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@dmcafee0 Thanks for your reply! You mean like having the app showing grams instead of percentage totals, right? 

That is a great idea! Hopefully, we will be able to see that in the future! Feel free to vote for this idea to support it!

Accepted Solution

This is what i am currently doing...would love just one app though! My food doesn't always sync to fitbit...

Accepted Solution
0 Votes