Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larger Wrist Bands Please

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Most manufacturers of clothing etc, have S, M, L, XL, XXL & XXXL. Beyond that you need a specialty store.

I'm 6'1 and workout daily and I use a belt clip fitbit. I want a Fitbit charge but when I cut the wrist band template out....it barely touches which tells me the band won't fit me. I've asked other people and they have the same complaint but told me of other comparable products I can buy. I dont want other products.

The fit bit is typcially worn by people who....1) simply want to track their daily walks, sleep, etc OR 2) by people who want to lose weight. So for the population out there of folks wanting to lose weight with big wrists....sorry folks you're out of luck. FitBit doesnt want your business?? Or for folks like me....a big man yes, but this product doesnt fit. Why not make the band XXXL and aloow people to cut it to size? 

Do I have to buy a competitve product? Please tell me larger bands are on the way. If not, I guess we have to break up. 😞

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Thanks for the information, AlvaroFitbit. I didn't even know the Feature request board was an option and that the Product Development and Engineering organizations at Fitbit actually pay attention to upvotes on specific feature requests. I guess I always figured they have their own ideas about how to increase revenue by adding new features, but it's nice to hear that customer feedback fits into that loop in some manner.

Best Answer

For anyone following this discussion that wants to upvote a feature request for larger wristbands for the Flex or Blaze trackers, you can upvote the feature request here.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Great to see that you shared your idea. Definitely that is the place to post them! Things like reminders to move or additional clock faces on the Blaze tracker were taken from the Feature suggestion board.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another update for anyone following this discussion, I received my new products from Fitbit this past Tuesday. First of all, the XL wristband for the Flex tracker is awesome! The XL wristband is obtainable only by calling Fitbit Support, so that's unfortunate, but I wish this XL wristband for the Flex had been an option for me two years ago! It makes such a huge difference and is sooooo much more comfortable on my wrist!

I also got the Blaze and can confirm that you can have multiple Fitbit trackers for different types of activities and needs and they will all track your data. The only thing is that each individual tracker won't know the progress of the other trackers, but the online Fitbit profile will be able to get and accumulate all the data.

For the Blaze, I ordered the XL wristband replacement at the same time I ordered the Blaze and again (for me) the XL wristband for the Blaze tracker seems to be adequate. The large wristband would have made things a bit tighter for me than I would have liked, so I'm really happy there was a XL wristband option for the Blaze as well.

Thank you to all who commented on this discussion and gave me your valuable advice. I'm a happy customer and hope Fitbit continues to improve and expand its offerings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for letting us know what you did to get an extra large wristband for your Flex and for your input regarding the Blaze tracker in XL size! It's great to hear that you are happy now with both devices and that they are helping you get all those steps!

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnercan you confirm we can replace the bands on the Blaze?

I'm a former Basis user before the recall and the #1 reason I stuck it out with the Basis despite vastly inferior software was simply because I could swap out the watch band.  I have immense wrists (10") and prefer a custom band design I used based off a Timex design where I have a long piece of velcro on one end and a short D ring loop on the other  (IE: ============(W)=D) beacuse it's also more comfortable at work while on the computer since I'm not pushing into the clasp at the bottom of my wrist.

If you confirm we can replace the wrist straps, can you also possibly confirm the measurement of the pin width?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeMW Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Yes, you can replace the bands on the Fitbit Blaze. One of the features included in this trackers is the interchangeable bands option. You can check the band sizes here. 

Also, to make sure it will fit, you can use this sizing tool!

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR hi thanks,

That's good about the watch bands.  I actually design my own custom watch bands because I know they will fit.  None of the watch band sizes you listed actually would fit me at 10" wrist (measured with a tailoring measuring tape).

Long as there's watch pins however I have a watch-pin kit that will let me swap in my own custom band which will work just fine like I used to with.  Looking at the watch I see the base pins on the base band so looks like I can disconnect it.

Would this be possible or will it only work with FitBit bands and such?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeMW Thanks for the reply! That is interesting! If it holds to your wrist I believe it should work properly. Can you send a picture? 

Also, I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea titled: "Larger Wristbands (2X-5X) for Flex and Blaze" which is asking for the same as you! Feel free to add your vote and comment there. Hopefully, this will be implemented in the nearest future!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found that the Alta fits much larger wrists than other trackers.

Best Answer

I'm a large, heavy guy. I want to get out, walk & lose weight. I figured a device like the FitBit charge 2 would help me keep track of heart rate etc. In the past I've used a metal tape measure to measure my wrists. They were 12". I must have lost some volume because I can just fit into the band on the last 3 holes. It's just good enough to fit without cutting off circulation.

I'd feel more secure with a 10-12" wristband. I'm really puzzled that these are not readily available, or that some other "aftermarket" company hasn't released the larger bands.

Best Answer

@ronknights Welcome to our Community!

@natefor3 Glad to hear that the Alta fits you better that other tracker's wristband.

@ronknights The Charge 2 comes with a larger wristband but you can always add your vote to have an XL or larger wristbands available.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I wear my Fitbit to work everyday and usually dress in a suit and tie. I'd like to buy a more stylish band but the sizes are limited. What gives Fitbit? Do you not want to be a profitable company?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I attempted to call and see about getting the XL band but the person's english was beyond broken. I see on here people were able to get the band sent to them for free but all I got was someone who sounded like they could speak only 100 words of english trying to have me pay for it on the phone. 

If this is how this company is I'll see about returning the band and get a different companies band instead. I shouldn't have to call to get something that should be in the store or offered for free.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! Sorry to hear that @ObisidianWolf. That's completely opposite of the experience I had. My experience seemed very positive and all my concerns were addressed successfully.

It sounds to me like they have a quality control problem with the consistency of their quality of service at FitBit. I'm not sure who you'd address that to, but it seems someone at FitBit should know about that lack of quality control in the Customer Service department.

If it happened to you, I'm sure it happens to other customers too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jabradfo Thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! You can find more stylish bands for the new version of the Fitbit Flex, which is the Fitbit Flex 2. Feel free to check those accessories here.

@ObsidianWolf It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Have you tried chat support? They are great, I recommend trying that option if you didn't had a good experience before.

@SunsetRunner I'm so glad to hear that you had a very positive experience. Also, thanks for providing feedback regarding customer service! Fitbit appreciates that a lot in order to better the quality!

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in full agreement, your point about clothing sizes is extremely valid; apart  from waist lines, wrist sizes vary greatly too!

I am sure Fitbit's profits would increase if larger wristbands were available.

Best Answer

I don't understand why they make the bands so small.  I just spent $250 for a Fitbit Surge and have to return it.  It's too small for my wrist and there is no options for other bands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a great one from here that fits my big wrist well, highly recommend. They do two sizes and the large one will fit a 9" easy although putting my hand through the loop is a bit tight (can undo/do up one end to take on and off I guess)

Hanlesi Strap for Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Alta HR , Stainless Steel Bracelet Fitness... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XWLZWJD/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apip_2LlewpSckWUXc

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with this thread, I'm on my second Fitbit, first was a Flex, now I have a Charge.  The Flex I had to give up on because of the small band size, now I have a charge that I have to use the last slot to keep on (so I"m worried about it coming off), when I wear it on other slots I begin to get a rash on my wrist due to it being too tight.

Best Answer