Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larger Wrist Bands Please

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Most manufacturers of clothing etc, have S, M, L, XL, XXL & XXXL. Beyond that you need a specialty store.

I'm 6'1 and workout daily and I use a belt clip fitbit. I want a Fitbit charge but when I cut the wrist band template out....it barely touches which tells me the band won't fit me. I've asked other people and they have the same complaint but told me of other comparable products I can buy. I dont want other products.

The fit bit is typcially worn by people who....1) simply want to track their daily walks, sleep, etc OR 2) by people who want to lose weight. So for the population out there of folks wanting to lose weight with big wrists....sorry folks you're out of luck. FitBit doesnt want your business?? Or for folks like me....a big man yes, but this product doesnt fit. Why not make the band XXXL and aloow people to cut it to size? 

Do I have to buy a competitve product? Please tell me larger bands are on the way. If not, I guess we have to break up. 😞

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

I believe I have read in the forums that there is an XL band available from Fitbit, but you will need to contact customer service to get it.  I agree that it would be nice to have an XL band for readily available.  Hopefully in the future it will be.

Best Answer

Just called their customer service.  I have two XL bands on the way.  Currently they have only black, but that is OK by me.  Check a few other answers, one poster made his own extender from the extra wristband that didn't fit and there is a picture.

Customer service # is 877-623-4997   

• Mon-Fri: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time They have hours on Saturdays, too, I think but I forgot to ask.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I am fascinated that Fitbit is ignoring so many in the American population with lack of the larger sizes.  I have a flex and have made great strides in my health but the XL band is still too small.  Why doesn't fitbit want my money??

Best Answer

I need the larger wrist band

Best Answer

To FITBIT:

How soon will you be supplying Fitbits that will fit people with larger wrist sizes?
  Yesterday I returned two Fitbit Charge HRs to the store (which had only small sizes left when I purchased them on sale for $129.95 each. I returned them both (one was still unopened), because of the store's 15-day Return Policy -- still no larger sizes available. According to the band measurement shown on the box, the small Charge HR fit my wrist, but it was actually too small. The band loop would not secure the end of the band properly, and my Charge HR came unclasped and fell off of my wrist while I was sleeping.

My son-in-law helps me with my walking. We both have the Fitbit Zip but I want to upgrade back to the Fitbit Charge HR or maybe a Surge. My son-in-law's wrist size measures between 10.5" to 11". I would also like to get Fitbit Charge HRs for my husband and our two daughters.

One of my older sisters started a Fitbit Family Group, and she's trying to get at least 15 to 20 more of our family members to get Fitbits to get Healthy. Right now, there are about eight of us who have Fitbits.

Any announcement on how soon will you begin supplying Fitbits that will fit people with larger wrist sizes?

Thanks,

Paula Robinson

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @study2bquiet! I'm so sorry about you've gone through by returning your Fitbits.

Fitbit strives to make sure that our products are designed to accommodate all of our customers and have developed an Extra-Large Charge HR wristband that will range from 7.6” - 8.7” (Only available on Fitbit.com). I'd recommend to contact Fitbit Customer Support, I'm pretty sure they'll have a solution for you.

Let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

How is this a solution.  it doesn't even accomodate what the previous poster stated.

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit,

I would love to be able to use your product, family & friends have raved about their new Charge HR' and Surge. However my wrist circumference comes in at 9.25inches so not even an XL will fit. This is sad. There are many who seek to be healthy and fit who may not currently fit the current society "athletic standard stereotype". How are people seeking to become more healthy and fit/ or returning to being healthy and fit when the "fit" industry does not make the gear available in those larger sizes? I need a heart rate monitor while exercising to stay within a certain range deemed acceptable by my doctor while recovering from deficiencyissues with my adrenal glands. Having prior to falling ill been a runner and avid healthy fit woman- it is heartbreaking to be on the other side and understand why people who are out of shape from poor diets and excercise get so frustrated when they start making better choices. It's frustrating to start on that path, only to find obstacles with sizing of gear (that are an easy fix if companies would be willing to acknowledge that need and find ways to bridge the gap.) Maybe consider an XXL band separate purchase option or an extender available with the XL size? Having been on both sides now of healthy and fit due to genetics and things out of my control- I can share with your company this- the people who have access to your products will continue to be loyal as your products stand out because of their quality. People struggling to become a healthier version of themselves,esp. Women- are loyal to the brands and companies that are supportive and allow for them to start where they are and continue to grow in their personal goals to a better self. A company that does not meet them where they are and only has the products for when a person is "considered to be healthy & fit" (example- you can use our products but only after you drop the first 40 lbs) is missing the mark- and business of the people who are truly trying, seeking and working on their personal health & fitness goals. Just a sad day that if your company can't help my fitness need now I will not become a customer in the future. Health & Fitness products should accommodate any and all who are seeking to reach their goals without one having to start out as a size 4 to have products available.

Is there real consideration for larger band sizesesp. for the Charge HR? If there will not be then I too will have to turn to a competitors product.

Best Answer
You can get XL for alta in black from their website, not very pretty ghough
Best Answer
My husband is healthy and very health conscious. He just happens to be a very large man with large bones and wrist size, so losing weight is not the answer. He would need a XXL wristband which apparently does not exist even for special order. Please consider all body types and have these large sizes available. It's frustrating for him because he would love to have a fitbit.
Best Answer

You are right...I have gotten Fit bit to send me XLs from Fit bit but why don't they make them availible on line so they can be purchased?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, am a larger guy that has a need for bands larger than what FitBit offers. I've given this a bit of thought and realized that the only logical reason why FitBit doesn't give any consideration to a potential customer base that has larger wrist band size requirements is that FitBit engineering is staffed entirely by dwarves, small children, and twiggy employees. It's really the only thing that makes logical sense.

To be a bit more serious, FitBit is doing very well financially and management is obviously satisfied with their year-over-year increasing revenue stream and growing profits. FitBit capitalized on a great niche market and really feels no need to increase revenue streams by being more inclusive of a larger, wider customer base with larger wrist band size requirements.

Best Answer
I got my free XL wristband for my Flex by ringing customer services. They were very helpful.
Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, JayneJJ. I didn't even know there are XL bands for the Flex. I've seen only small and large sizes advertised for the Flex, but I may very well call Customer Service later this morning to get a couple of those XL wrist bands for the Flex.

The real dilemma for me, though, is that I'd love to upgrade from my Flex to a Blaze, but XL is the largest size they offer for the Blaze wrist band and based on their sizing chart, I believe I'll actually need a 2XL size wristband for the Blaze. Using a tape measure to measure my wrist where I'd prefer to wear the Blaze, I think the 9.3 inch maximum size on the XL wrist band will put the Blaze too low on my wrist and/or be a fairly tight squeeze to be truly comfortable.

I'd hate to spend the money to upgrade to a Blaze only to realize that the wrist band isn't really comfortable for my wrist. At least if I knew there are decent options for larger wrist bands (e.g., 2XL, 3XL, etc.) with FitBit, then I'd be more comfortable to spend the money on the Blaze upgrade.

Best Answer
As you can only get the XL for the Flex from customer services, then maybe they have the next size for the Blaze that is only available from them. Worth a try.
Best Answer
My wrist is 91/4 inches and the CL works fine...

Max
Best Answer

Please check this yourself before purchasing, but I believe that the Blaze will take a standard replacement watch strap. So one option would be to go for the Blaze with the XL strap, and if that is no good, then take it to your local watch shop and ask them to fit a new strap that is the right length.

I realise this does not address the question regarding Fitbit (and other manufacturers) serving folk with larger wrists, something that I find annoying too. But it may be a way around the problem.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. You can make your request for an XXL band for your specific tracker in our Feature request board as they don't exist for any tracker at the moment. The more vote you have the more likely our developers will try to implement it.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for your suggestion, Filklore. I did just buy a FitBit Blaze over the weekend. If the XL band isn't large enough, then I hope your solution will be a viable one for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes