Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My flex won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For 2 days now my flex won't sync. At first I did a reset and it would sync and stop and now nothing. No light and it still not syncing. It is not an year old yet
Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59
Hi! Turned off & on the phone and reset the flex bit. But now my Bluetooth
indicates Flex rejects pairing...what now??!
Best Answer
0 Votes
First Steps
12:27 PM
If you put your flex into the charger than look on the back of the charger, there is a tiny hole. While it's still plugged in, put a pin or paperclip into the hole for 3 to 4 seconds than take it out of the charger and it will sync. Promise
Best Answer
I tried it. While in the charger it will reset & charge. But when I take it
out, it will not light, tapping will not show any dots even when fully
charged.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I charged my flex last night and now it won't sync with my app anymore.  It is still tracking my steps, but not syncing. 

Best Answer

I have been having the same syncing problem since Monday.  It synced once and won't now.  I wonder if it is a system problem.  

My charger doesn't have a pinhole.  My Fitbit Flex was given to me by someone who couldn't use it and she had lost the charger so I got a generic one.

Best Answer

Same problem here just started today when I tried to sync after charging......frustrated!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Thanks so much for the Flex fix!  My flex stopped working about 2 weeks ago and your solution worked great.  

Best Answer

This is what worked for me seems the update dailed yet again. I then reset the unit using the pinhole in the back of the charger (unit must be snapped into place and plugges in) the lights continued to scroll ugg... I then setup the account yet again, this time I installed the software for the Windows version (not the Windows 10 or 😎 then followed the steps again this time it told me to use the dongle then the unit finally synced hope this helps everyone.

@Sourieverte wrote:
For 2 days now my flex won't sync. At first I did a reset and it would sync and stop and now nothing. No light and it still not syncing. It is not an year old yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME SEEMS THE UPDATE FAILED YET AGAIN. I THEN RESET THE UNIT USING THE PINHOLE IN THE BACK OF THE CHARGER (UNIT MUST BE SNAPPED INTO PLACE AND PLUGGED IN) THE LIGHTS CONTINUED TO SCROLL   UGG... I THEN SETUP THE ACCOUNT YET AGAIN, THIS TIME I INSTLLED THE SOFTWARE FOR THE WINDOWS VERSION (NOT THE WINDOWS 10 OR 8 ) THEN FOLLOWED THE STEPS AGAIN THIS TIME IT TOLD ME TO USE THE DONGLE THEN THE UNIT FINNALLY SYNCED HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE.

@Sourieverte wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset worked ! Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit flex won't sync. I have had this problem constantly since I purchased it a couple of years ago. It is very annoying constantly having to sync my fitbit. Now it won't sync probably because the force sync button is broken (I am hypotesising about this). My son has an aldi tracker that was less then half the price shows more on the display has a longer stay charged time and never has problems syncing. I wish I had bought a generic. I don't think I will ever purchase a fitbit brand ever again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  I had tried resetting Flex and it didn't help. So, just unplugged doggle.  I use my phone.  So far so good : )

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset worked for my flex as well. Thanks for posting this info!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I wish I could say that resetting my Flex tracker worked - but not so lucky with me. I've searched for current updates and still my tracker will not sync. I've tried unplugging the dongle for a few minutes and then plugging it back in. I know my charger is good as my husband uses it with his tracker and has not problems. I've been experiencing problems with this tracker for nearly 6 months with it not holding a charge for more than 48 hours - which is very aggravating to say the least. But now, the syncing problem is worse than ever - it won't sync and now, says the battery is low even though I have 5 lights lit, and I get an error message that the tracker has no power. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Another question I have and hope there is some response to this as I need to know or call Fitbit and be on the phone forever for an answer. I bought 3 used Flex trackers thinking that atleast one would hold a charge - question is, can I use one of these trackers (instead of this particular junk tracker) with my current account and not lose my history. I've worked very hard for badges and daily step goals that I don't want to lose. Any suggestions would be apprecitated. I am very frustrated with Fitbit and if I could afford to, I would change to a more dependable fitness tracker company. It just does not seem fair that this many people are having major issues and they are only offering a 25% discount another model you have to buy. Why don't the problems just get solved??? Woman Indifferent ~Dorrie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AnnMarieG -

I totally agree. I don't think I will ever buy another Fitbit brand. It's been nothing but problems with this Flex and without little customer service.

My Flex won't sync, says battery is low, and now reports show I have no power to tracker!

Good luck to you - and hope the same for me. I become so angry when things don't work for no reason. I have taken very good care of this unit and still it does not work right and is certainly undependable.

~Dorrie

Best Answer
0 Votes
My flex was doing the same thing...no sync and full charge but showing
dead. I followed the directions given in the above post to reset the
tracker exactly including turning off computer, phone, and removing dongle.
Thankfully it worked for me. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Turtle.Tracks.

I finally got my Flex to sync - after about 4 hours of messing with it!

But. . . it's not showing any record of steps all day since 7:00 am this morning. And, I've been on my feet all day It's not showing my tracked steps whatsoever.

I've tried resetting the tracker with the little button on the back of the charger while it's plugged into my computer, but it won't reset.

This tracker has been nothing but problems for 6 months - everything seems to be going bonkers for no reason.

I'm about ready to throw it away! It was very dependable the first few months I had it, but since Fitbit started having issues with the error message "No internet found" a few months back (and finally admitted it after several weeks of letting customers hang) - it hasn't been right since.

Glad yours is working - take a little walk for me as I can't begin to tell you how many steps I've lost due to this thing!

~Dorrie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer Service was extremely helpful and I have nothing but praise for them....don't give up - try the reset and if you still are having issues contact CS...believe there is a one year warranty.

Best Answer

Unplugging and then re-plugging the dongle has worked for me somtimes.  But today, I found that my firewall found the certificate for my device was not trusted.  I changed it to trusted status and it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset it though? I joined 2 days ago and are already having this problem!!

Best Answer
0 Votes