Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @pbrennan and @jjkbe00Cat Happy

Challenges can be affected by the timezone of the members who are in it as well as any logged activities on your account, this includes MobileRun, manual logs and third party logging).

In this case, it's best to use your tracked steps (without mobile run or manual log) while stepping. Using any kind of manual logging when running or walking will not count towards your challenges.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questionsSmiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226
Hello, my steps aren't syncing with any challenges tha I have going on. Yesterday I had 19,500 steps, yet on the challenges it wouldn't update past 174% of my goal. And today I have 16050 steps and same thing. Everyone else's works properly but I'm getting tired of mine not syncing correctly. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. Is there any other thing that can be done?
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @pbrennan and @jjkbe00Cat Happy

Challenges can be affected by the timezone of the members who are in it as well as any logged activities on your account, this includes MobileRun, manual logs and third party logging).

In this case, it's best to use your tracked steps (without mobile run or manual log) while stepping. Using any kind of manual logging when running or walking will not count towards your challenges.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questionsSmiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I didn't use any 3rd party app, and my step on the dashboard says just over 10k and the goal daysays I only got 59%. I used the activity tracker on Fitbit. So does that mean my steps didn't count toward the Fitbit Goal Day?

Best Answer

Hi there @yasashiokaasan, Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It seems that you used your MobileRun feature on your mobile app. Fit has made some changes in the way it tracks, please take a look at this thread where some of our Moderators published an official announcement. Woman Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Okay .. I only walk .. My fitbit one for today so far says 5480 steps .. my fitbit for yesterday said (at the end of the day) 22835 .. this is what is on my dashboard.  I invited others to the Weekday Hustle .. starting yesterday at midnight my time (East Coast USA) ..  when I go to the Challenge Board .. my total says 24,786  .. which is 3529 steps short .. is there a delay in updating the Challenge Boards?  Or are we being 'robbed' of steps? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @gayleginOhHere some possible reasons for this: 

- Steps are not able to see this steps, because the app is on Live Data Mode.

- You could be manually logging steps or using MobileRun. (Only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges). 

- Challenge participants are not in the same timezone as the creator of the Challenge.

- The battery level on the tracker is low. 

To check if you have disabled the Live Data Mode on your app. You need to go to account, then tap the picture of your tracker and scroll down and disable this option. Also, you can try to log out from the app and log back in. 

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello-

So I'm having a similar problem: my daily steps are not all being added to the workweek hustle challenge. Am I understanding your last response correctly in that if I use a third party app to track my run (or walk) and then log it into my fitbit, it will not count for the challenge?

Thanks.

Best Answer
Well that sucks since miles and steps are not accurately counted when you are on the treadmill.
Best Answer
Hello~
Like many other I'm having the problem of my steps that are on the dashboard are more than the steps shown in the challenge. All participants are in the same time zone and I am the one who created the challenge. I don't use a third party app and my Fitbit is fully charged! Please help because it is shorting me over 2,500 steps.
Best Answer

You're right @Meag84, only the steps recorded by your tracker itself or MobileTrack will be counted for challenges, any other app or MobileRun won't. 

Have you checked the steps I've provided here @Newbie923Smiley Very Happy 

Hmmm...if you have checked everything, would you mind trying to log out and log back in @ushergyrl04

P.S. I'm glad you joined us in thread @ushergyrl04 @Newbie923 Woman Very Happy!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

It seems like this is a fairly common problem... I have been part of several challenges. Some have worked, many have not.  I live in Milan so my time zone is almost always different from other competetors... but there are others from Milan in the same challenge who have no problem. 

For example, today I've done over 4000 steps and it registers as 690 for the challenge!!! How can I solve this problem??? 

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
Hi, my Fitbit isn't logging challenge steps either. I have 14k steps in my log, but it's only counting a little over 2k. I don't manually log my steps, I've restarted the app several times, and checked for updates. This has been going on for several months.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Flexdebtx @morganrobinsonBelow are possible reasons for this issue:

1. Steps have fully synced to our database and you are not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile).
2. You are manually logging steps. (Only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges).
3. You're using Mobile Run (GPS Run tracking feature in the app) and you did not wear your tracker. (The steps recorded through the GPS run feature are not counted toward challenges.)
4. All challenge participants are in the same timezone.
5. If the battery level on your tracker is low, charging the battery will ensure additional steps earned will be added to challenges.

Please see our Challenges FAQ for more information go here.

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria,

1. Yes, shows connected.

2. I am not manually logging steps.

3. I am not using the Mobile Run feature.

4. I am in a different time zone, but for the week so far I have 19k steps, its only giving me challenge credit for 2k steps. (I am Central, other participants are Pacific.) 

5. Battery is full.

It's Friday, how long does it take to sync the challenge steps? I get notifications that people have made goals, so it seems like it updated constantly. Like I said, I've been having this problem for months. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

Many thanks for getting back to me @Flexdebtx, it seems that the different timezone may be affecting your steps into the Challenge.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS ARE IN DIFFERENT TIME ZONES?

The challenge begins and ends in the challenge owner's timezone, so if you're in a different timezone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats.

However, I'd like you to contact Fitbit Support directly. So they can do a deeper investigation into your account and figure out where this issue is coming from. 

Good luck sweetie! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm frustrated by this. If i walk on my treadmill and log that manually, it is not matching what's on my dashboard to what the "challenge" total is. why would it not be the same? i'm sure that putting that information in wouldn't be considered cheating. I'm walking for say a mile, and manually logging that for accuracy. ridiculous. really this is my only complaint about how FB works. i want to be able to log my treadmill steps for accuracy.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining this thread @HippieJen16! I can't imagine how frustrated this might be. However, there's not way your steps logged from the Treadmill activity be included on your "Challenges" since at the moment this is the way the Challnges work.

Thank you for your suggestion. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community, which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
Adding exercise manually (eg run) increases steps but doesn't affect steps for challenges - very confusing
Best Answer

It's great to have you here in the Fitbit Community @Wedwo Smiley Very Happy, welcome on board! At this time only steps from your tracker count towards the challenge, the steps you manually logged don't count towards it. I'd like you to check the Challenges FAQ article to see all the information about this darling.

Have a blessed weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes