Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Thanks RebeccaR2, I took your advice. I can't imagine what new secret they'll be able to share with me, since I've followed all typical online advice. From reading how many people have this problem I have to admit it doesn't sound very promising. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I am referring to manually entered steps for my bike rides.

Thanks, Michelle
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running and walking. I run the same loop every time. The fitness tracker on my dashboard on the phone app records the mileage correctly. Then when I sync my wristband to the app on my phone it will reduce my steps down to go off my wristband rather than my phone app. It's ridiculous! I have convinced myself that I am being foolish by worrying, but isn't that the purpose of the fit bit tracker? To motivate us to get in more steps!? At this rate, I don't even want to wear my fit bit tracker when I exercise because it does not record things correctly. And yes, I have three started it, it is always charged, and everything else shy of just simply returning it to the store. Got out my box tonight and found my receipt.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and email signature.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Michelle,

I'm not seeing the entire thread right this moment so I may be forgetting something, but if you mean they are not syncing when you enter manually, support has informed us that manual entries don't count towards challenges. Not exactly nice when the batteries don't last so you have to take the FB off to charge it all the time. Sigh. Fitbit is extremely limited, I'm finding. The technology is still relatively new... Hopefully there are many upgrades and improvements to come! Great concept, not quite perfected yet.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sooooooo disappointed. My battery life is now down to just 1/2 day between full charges, using no notifications, continuous sync, etc. I so wanted this thing to work. This stinks.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Jennifer,

Yes, I know manually entered steps do not count towards challenges. That is my main complaint with my Fitbit. I ride my bike 10 miles a day, and I have to manually enter the equivalent steps because the Fitbit does not do a good job capturing the pedaling motion (my bike actually counts/records the steps, so I know they are accurate).

It is very frustrating not having any of my bike rides counting towards challenges or even the leader board with my friends on the dashboard. I am actually considering ditching my Fitbit because it is disheartening.

Thanks, Michelle

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I am a little curious as to how a low battery would matter for challenges? If it is low, yet still has enough of a charge, and is still tracking the steps accurately, how would that affect the challenge steps? It does not make sense. For example, my battery is low but it is tracking every single step on my dashboard yet on a challenge it says i have only done a quarter of what i actually have done.

Best Answer
K punches 10.... That's weird, I don't know. I'm basically having to take my flex off regularly to keep the battery high, I don't let it go low anymore because then it dies and fails to track. No matter what, I lose three hours per day to charging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Helena, all of what you've stated is true. However, there is something else going on with the syncing feature. My Fitbit HR has not been syncing correctly since last week. Nothing has cjanged on my end...timezone, friends and manual logs are constant.

I read where Fitbit is having "an issue" and doing their best to correct the problem.

I wish they would hurry! This is getting very frustrating!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset or refresh my Fitbit HR tracker? Maybe this is all I need to do, if there is the option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From a time when I had a problem the fitbit group replied that I should hold the button down for three seconds or more to try to reset my fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up returning my Fitbit HR after 2 months of frustration. Moved on to a different brand.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information and email signature.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am beginning to think that returning the Fitbit and going with another brand is a good option. Doesn't seem that the manufacturer is responsive to these bugs. Tracking exercise is important to us and that's why we have invested in these devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know I, for one, will be switching to another brand because of this issue. It is frustrating and discouraging always being in last place on the leader boards and in challenges because half of my steps "don't count" towards the totals. My bike rides are hard work, and I should get credit for them!

Thanks, Michelle

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Flex.  I followed your info on Live Data Mode and didn't see any such option.  I had almost 15,000 steps yesterday on my Dashboard, but in the Weekend Warrior challenge it only shows 2400.  Aargh!  The challenger is on Pacific time, but still, it's the next day now & my steps aren't showing up.  So frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same thing going on.  Maybe there's something weird about living in Texas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't find the tab that says Live Data. Do I have to be logged into the computer or can it be from the app?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not the one to ask. I am just a fitbit user, learning just like you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

why is this the case? makes no sense... is there a way to manually force it to upload into the challenge?

Best Answer
I don't have a Live Data option in my app. I don't use any third party tracker, and I don't manually log steps. This has been happening to me for the last month at least. My current steps show 17,077 for the week, but Work Week Hustle is only showing 16,655. Very frustrating!
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this is not helpful.  It seem like everyone is having the same problem....multi-day challenge....only use tracker, nothing else, no manual logging....everyone in the same timezone...tracker is charged.  But you keep telling us that one of those issues is the reason we're having problems.  I am in a multi day challenge, in the same timezone with all the participants, my tracker is charged, and I only use the tracker (I don't manually track).  Why is my step count so much lower than what is on my dashboard?  How do I fix it?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer