Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My steps are not syncing correctly with challenges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my steps in the work week challenge are not registering correctly. It seems to be caught by 2/3rds. The single day challenges reflect the same number of steps as the dashboard. This is getting frustrating as I look my of a loser than in just weight 😭 help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Update:

I disconnected 3rd party apps MapMyRun (and all the associated ones with MapMyFitness) and deleted MyFitnessPal completely from my iPhone because it kept connecting to the Fitbit app.

I did over 13,000 steps today, it registered under the steps and not the exercise activity section.

Unfortunately, the steps did not sync in the challenge (Workweek Hustle). It read 1318 steps.

I called Fitbit customer support, who tried to help by asking me to restart the Fitbit.

I've restarted the Fitbit (by connecting it and pushing a paper clip into the charging cable that was plugged into an active USB port.)

It rebooted the Fitbit, and reset my steps form 13706 to 1470 on my Dashboard.

Synced again, the challenge registered 1382 steps.

I quit the challenge and asked one of the participants to add me again, the steps still show 1382 (and my dashboard for today still says 1470.)

So, my theory about the 3rd party apps being the conflict does not appear to be the case.

At this point, the issue has been escalated to the tech department. I will update again when I hear from them.

Moderator Edit: Format 

Best Answer

I went through the same thing with two Fitbits. I have returned both and moved on to the Apple Watch :watch:️.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information/format

Best Answer
My fitbit is fine now – I just sync and put my fitbit band next to my dongle and it works. It’s supposed to work from 20ft away I think but find if I put it next to the dongle it is synced within seconds.
Thanks for replying anyway.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's admit it, Fitbit!  It's a chronic bug!  I'm returning mine!

Best Answer

Have there been any updates on the challenge sync yet? Mine has always worked until the last two weeks or so. Now my challenge steps are not the same as my dashboard. I have not changed the way I do anything and do not log activities, strictly the steps I take as calculated by fitbit. Challenge is in a different time zone, but only by 1 hour (shouldn't make a 15K step difference).

Side note, does anyone know how to see challenges on the website?

Best Answer
Only one thing helped me, and that was to restart my tracker. I learned
about this by calling customer service at Fitbit. Here are the
instructions, which guide you by the type of phone you have:

How to Restart Your Tracker

Make a Great Day!

Dianne
Best Answer

Kreitz 

Hello, im having the same problem my dashboard shows 10886 but my workday hustle only shows 6368

Im not manually logging my steps

Im in the same time zone

And my battery is fully charged

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to charge my Fitbit flex and took my nightly walk on my treadmill and logged it my extra 10,000 steps manually, but when I looked at the challenges I am in with my friends it didn't show that I was ahead of one of my friends. Why can't my manual logged activity reflect my steps in the challenges. That is not fair if I forget to put my Fitbit on, or need manually log in my activity to not reflect any of the challenges I am in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and have tried all the advice below. Hence I'm losing interest in the challenges because my challenge does not record as many steps as the dashboard or the Fitbit itself. Any further advice is much appreciated.

Best Answer
Call the Fitbit web site. They will have you go through a specific set of
procedures to try to get it to work right. When mine didn't, they realized
it, and they sent me a new replacement of the same model. - Miz Di
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit flex 2. Was challenged to the weekend warrior. When I go into the challenge it shows all my steps. However, it says it's awaiting sync? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and it's becoming so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just given up and never participate in challenges anymore. I love my
FitBit but am frustrated with the company's utter lack of desire / follow
through to fix this widespread problem.

Happy stepping...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if I read your answer correctly Challenges only count the steps from my Fitbit and not the activity I manually enter? That may explain why my challenge steps are always much lower than my dashboard numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a very simple fix to try if your dashboard shows a bunch of steps and your challenge doesn't.

Go into the challenge and tap the "options" in the top right corner. Change the "do not disturb" option. Close the options. It fixed mine.

Best Answer

Thanks Austin, that fixed mine too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is Mobile Track? Is that the fitbit mobile app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a third party app (TravelBit) to erase "bonus" steps that are recorded by my Flex when I'm rocking in a rocking chair with my baby.  My dashboard is accurate, but my challenges always include the extra steps that I clearly didn't take.  How do I fix this?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really frustrating. Your devices aren't waterproof, and I can't accurately record steps I take when walking in the pool. I do this often, once a week or so, but because the watch isn't waterproof, I can't wear it. So I manually enter the steps using Fitbit and they aren't counted in challenges. This needs to be changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I don't mean to repeat people in here but how is this a proper tracker if I clearly run 5 miles on a treadmill (usually sprints at high speeds followed by slow pace rests) and the fitbit only give me 3.5 miles in steps!? Seems kind of pointless to put in the work if I am not being logged correctly. Is it the speed? WTH?

Best Answer