Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up new device to existing account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I lost my fitbit and bought another.  How do I synch my new one when my computer still synchs with the old one?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

That's right my friend @glenmore, since your Surge got connected with your iOS device, as long as you log with the same credentials you do on your iOS, your Mac will display your Fitbit dashboard with your data updated correctly. 

Thanks for the update my dear! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip quit and my sister who has quit using her zip gave hers to me. How do I sync with my account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Re: Follow the instructions here:  Replacement tracker

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit charge 2 replaced but having trouble connecting to my account. 

I have Fitbit on IPad and Samsung phone.   Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have replaced my Fitbit HR and go to the Accounts as per directions to install the new device.  However there is no Setup a New Device that I can see.  I have looked on my computer and Android dashboards.  I am so frustrated.  Flying out for a holiday which would involve lots of walking and climbing up mountains and no tracker to record with.   I looked on YouTube hoping for a solution.  I may have missed the obvious but a screenshot by screenshot tutorial from Fitbit would be fantastic for those of us who learn visually.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
Terry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Found that the older version didn't have "add another device"  A lovely and patient lady from live chat service talked me through the update service and all was sorted.  Great service Fitbit.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost fitbit flex and am trying to add fitbit charge 2 to my existing account, but at device replace or add prompt, the wheel just keeps going around, around and around

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue in the beginning of the year.

Wanted to replace my Fitbit Charge HR with the Fitbit Charge 2. Right after I had deleted the Charge HR, the synchronisation of the Charge 2 still won't work.

The clue: it takes the system almost exactly 24 hours to get the app 'ready' for synchronization of new devices. 

So first delete your existing tracker, wait 24 hours, and then you shouldn't have any problems with the synchronisation of the new device.

Hope this helps 🙂

Best Answer

Just got Flec2 to replace my old Fitbit. Want to set it up. Wat are the next steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for saving me further wasted hours in setting up my Fitbit. The main site should have an option in the setup process to allow you to go this, especially as one has spent a lot of money on getting a raplacement Fitbit! I really appreciate the help. Thanks. John

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved!  In iOS 11, the account icon is above the share icon, but invisible.  Click on the blank space above the share icon and your account will open and you can add a device!

Best Answer

What if It does not have an account on the app in order to sync new device

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to use the instructions your message gave, however the same sites as you showed did not come up  This a new fitbit and i did have the old one registere

The new one is a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t got a new device but I had to delete your website and load it again as it has hung twice on me.
I use it everyday and loosing very slowly and rely on it to check blood pressure.
Terry
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dougherty Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying the instructions provided on this thread in order to set up your replacement tracker. 

What instructions did you followed? Make sure you have followed the steps on this helpful article here.

Also, is your original tracker the same as the replacement one you got?

@Terry25 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Are you still experiencing trouble with this?

Please note that you can also download the Fitbit app if you have a supported smartphone or tablet.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an existing Blaze and a new iPhone. Can’t get them to sync...help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to replace my fitbit that the display stopped working  I need more clarification on setting up my new replacement fitbit charge 3 so that I don't loose my previous logged data.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not helpful.  This only tells you how to ORIGINALLY set up your fitbit, not one which is a replacement.  Mine will not let me do anything with it and only recognises my old one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I left my charge 2 out of town for a week and subsequently have not been able to sync
Best Answer
0 Votes