Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Flex on a Child Account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I am trying to set up my child's Fitbit flex under my account.  The only Fitbit coming up to select for my child is the Ace.  But that is not the device she has.  Does anyone know how to add the Flex or get around the Ace?  Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Unfortunately the only fitbit that can be used with a child account is the Ace. There isn't a way round this.

Best Answer

Thanks for being part of our Community @kherkie! As @SteveH kindly mentioned before at the moment the only tracker compatible for a Child account it the Fitbit Ace. 

If your child doesn't have an Ace yet, you can take advantage of the MobileTrack feature. To read more about MobileTrack, follow the help article How do I use MobileTrack? To know more about the Family Account feature, you can take a look to the help article How do I manage my Fitbit family account?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Is this something that will be in an upcoming update? This would be a really nice feature, as my child is really hard on things and I would like to use a flex2 for their account rather than the Ace

Best Answer

@barjosh29 I've not heard anything since that post but fitbit are notorious for not announcing anything in advance. We won't know until it arrives!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. It's kind of dumb. I wanted to give my son my flex but now I think I'll throw it away.

Best Answer

Not "kinda dumb"...REALLY DUMB!  You should state this clearly on the front of all other devices you sell.  "Not compatible with family accounts"  or how about "Will not work as most people intend" .  Why not call it an "ACE account" if that it the only device that can be used on it?

Fitbit shares Q1 '14 = %41, Q3 '18 = %10.  No surprise there.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/435944/quarterly-wearables-shipments-worldwide-market-share-by-v...

Best Answer

Fitbit just want us to spend more money instead of being recycling our older devices. Tell me about their plans for our planet and all their BS corporate sustainability plans.

Best Answer

I wish I had known this before purchasing a new tracker for myself. I feel like I just wasted my time and money. The whole point was to be able to give my kid (a rough little boy) my flex 2, and track our activity together. Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is daft, it only had the Ace and Ace2, my child is using our old Charge HR but I cannot attach it 

Really odd.

I guess I'll have to setup a fake age account for him to use the thing.

It's just not as 'safe'.

Poor poor choice and no reason either, he doesn't want 'child designed' products.

I guess we look elsewhere for our smart straps in future. 😞

Best Answer

Soooooo 2 years later and @Fitbit STILL hasn't realized parents give their kids their old fitbits when they upgrade...SMH FITBIT DO BETTER!!!

Guess fake account it is...🙄

Best Answer