Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Goal - happy green moon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, this is my first time using this discussion page so I hope I'm going it correctly.

So I track my sleep every night with my flex and mobile app. Sometimes in the past my sleep icon would turn green and there would be a happy little full moon. I was assuming that this would  occur when I hit my sleep goal (set at 7 hours) but this morning I woke up having slept 7hr and 8min with no little moon!! I have a green star on last nights sleep report when I exspand the sleep icon, but no green happy smiling moon to be found on my dash board. 

I also fell asleep and woke up within 30 min of my bed time and wakeup time (set at 1:30am and 8:30am) fell asleep at 1:15 and woke up and 8:49am. This is not majority important just curious as to how to get the moon back. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Katelynfarley Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! That little happy moon appears only when you reach your sleep goal on that day. You will see today's sleep and the happy moon if sleep goal was accomplished. 

You have completed your sleep goal by 8 minutes, right? Can you double check your current sleep goal to make sure it is set to 7 hours? 

Also, the happy moon is something that you will be able to see just the same day in which you completed the sleep goal. For previous days, you will not be able to see the moon again, just the green star when you expand the tile.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Katelyn & Santi,

Santi, I have the same issue as Katelyn. 

Last night I got a whopping 8 hours & 58 minutes of much needed sleep (after several nights of 4-5 hours.). But no happy moon on my dashboard this morning!!

Getting enough sleep is a major struggle for me, so it means a lot to see that happy green moon smiling at me.

Is Fitbit saying I got too much sleep?  Lord knows I needed it!

Thanks,

Shirley

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SDtime4fun Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! Have you double checked what your sleep goal is set to? 

To check that tap the sleep tile on the app and then the gear icon at the top left corner.

If your sleep goal is correct and is being accomplished but you don't see the happy moon in the next morning; do the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Log back in to the Fitbit app.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Santi and Shirley,

Again, last night I slept for 7hrs and 41min, and I double checked to make sure my sleep goal was set at 7hrs. Still no moon 😞

I have not loged out and loged back in yet but I can try that to see if it does anything.

I agree with Mrs. Shirley, I don't always 7hrs of sleep but when I do it's rewarding to get the green bar and moon! Is it possible that Fitbit is not counting my 7hrs and 41min of sleep as a reached sleep goal because I didnt fall asleep within a half hour of my set bedtime and wake up time?

Thanks for your help so far Santi

- Katelyn

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katelynfarley Thanks for your reply! The little happy moon should appear if you accomplished your sleep goal. Not accomplishing the bedtime and wake up hours shouldn't affect on that.

Yesterday, I accomplished my sleep goal, and I did received the happy moon today!

Before doing the log out, reboot, and log in part, please try updating the Fitbit app to its latest version. On iOS it is version 2.34, released on March 22nd, 2017. Then, log out from the app, reboot your phone, and log back in.

That should help for sure! Try to accomplish your sleep goal tonight to get the moon tomorrow morning! Also, after doing that, check if you can see the happy moon today that you accomplished the sleep goal. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this only on certain trackers? I have a Versa, and, I don't remember ever seeing a happy moon!

I'm the same as the other 2, I have medical sleep problems, so, not only, being able to SEE my sleep (so, if I feel like I didn't sleep well, I can see confirmation in my sleep recording, and, same, if I feel like I slept well), but, a happy moon, helps!

I'm curious about another thing in sleep... I will often reach my sleep goal (7 hours), even, getting an hour or so more (though, I usually have to be 'sleeping' 11-13 hours, to get 7+ total hours), but, my sleep score will be 'fair'. How is the sleep score calculated?

Best Answer
0 Votes