Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep showing wrong day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi if I go to bed on a sat eve and wake up a sun morning, it shows the sleep as Sunday's? Shouldn't it show that sleep as being Saturday's? The dates are all correct on the log. Thanks
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Nellymosa. Yes that is correct. Whatever day the sleep ends is the day it gets awarded to. So if you wake up just before Saturday midnight then it gets logged as Saturday. However if it is after midnight then it is logged as Sunday. Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Hi @Nellymosa. Yes that is correct. Whatever day the sleep ends is the day it gets awarded to. So if you wake up just before Saturday midnight then it gets logged as Saturday. However if it is after midnight then it is logged as Sunday. Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Thank you for replying!! Silly thing but it was bugging me! 😃 X

Moderator Edit: Personal info

Best Answer

Hello @Nellymosa I'm glad you are back on track now! Smiley Very Happy Let me share with you this article "Sleep tracking FAQs" where you can find a lot of tips to improve your Zzzz. Smiley LOL

Enjoy your day! Smiley Happy

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
Spoiler
I'm not sure if it is too late to add to this post, i'm really new to the FitBit world. My issue is that last night (Wednesday night) my sleep tracker shows the following 3 entries. 1.Wed 8:53pm-10:05pm -(i was awake during that time). 2. Thu 10:36pm - 12:00am (This time is in the future). 3. Thu 12:14am - 6:38am -(This time seems accurate). Please help me understand or how to fix, Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TimKoenig welcome to the Community and thanks for join us! Smiley LOL 

Let me know if you have any questions about Sleep Tracking, I'll be more than happy to help you! 

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

Do you know if there is any way to change that setting? It feels backwards to me.

Best Answer

Hey @gracielouie thanks for join us and yeah you can change the sleep setting to "Sensitive or Normal" by logging into your Online Dashboard in the fitbit.com, after that go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking. In addition, let me share with you this article "What should I know about sleep tracking?" where you'll find a lot of tips to improve your Zzzz. Smiley LOL 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Tarin! I was auctaly looking for a way to change what day the sleep tracking shows up on. Today shows last nights sleep, i was looking for a way to show the sleep on the night it occourned, not the morning.

Best Answer

Well @gracielouie at the moment we can only see our sleep pattern for the previous night. However, that will be a great idea and you can share it in our Feature Request Board, where Fitbit product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our users need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. Smiley LOL

Best Answer

From the forum I understand that the app shows sleep on the day it finished. However when you go to the dashboard using a browser it shows it on the day the sleep started, which is what everyone is expecting. I think this is a bug in the app, not an enhancement 

Best Answer

I too had that question..because it seemed wrong too wake-up on Monday and look at my sleep for Sunday only to find it was logged as Mondays night sleep???? This to me does not make sense to anyone trying to keep track of there sleep ..you are going to look it up by  the night and in doing that be off a day the way your system is setup??!!! This to me is now going to be a waste of buying the flex2 and alta  I want to be able to quickly see the data not have to figure out where it is and that is now what I'm going to end up doing...why wouldn't it be on the night the sleep was ??

Best Answer

The correct notation is W/T for a person who went to bed on Wednesday and woke up on Thursday. To notate such an event as occurring on Thursday or Wednesday is misleading. 

Best Answer

Hi.  Still seems like this explanation makes no sense.  Why wouldn't Fitbit allow us to specify what our sleep days and hour ranges are?  If you work a split shift or swing shift, then sure it works great as you are sleeping on the day it's recording.  Otherwise, it's always the wrong day and the explanation doesn't really address the issue.  Correct your code and logic to allow for the sleep to display the next day for the night before.  I haven't gone to sleep yet today but the apps says I slept today.  I'm going to play with adjusting the time zone since I don't need the date displayed on my Fitbit to find the right time it'll log for the day I slept.

Best Answer

Fitbit shows wrong time I went to sleep

Best Answer

The strangest part of the whole equation is that (at least, in my Windows app), the data on the right side of the screen says "Sunday night," yet the corresponding graph bar gives the date as "Monday." Why do the days on the data and the graph not match? If the explanation is that Fitbit is ascribing sleep to the day you wake up - which, I will join the masses in stating, is weird - then why not refer to it this way everywhere? It seems Fitbit knows which day the majority of people consider a night's sleep to belong to, so why label your data as "Sunday night," then graph it with a label calling it "Monday"?

It's easier to understand the underlying algorithms running the tech than to follow this logic...

Best Answer

I agree the app shows the wrong day.  If someone asked me how did I sleep on Monday (night) i would expect to click on my sleep log for Monday and not for Tuesday.

I suppose this is a little different in that if I decided to go for a run for some unbeknown reason at 11.55pm on a Monday night for half an hour then I would expect some of the data to be split over Monday and Tuesday, although given a choice of the two would still classify anything started before midnight as Monday activity and therefore logged to Monday.

Best Answer

When I first used the sleep monitor it used to show the night I slept as the actual night. For example, if I went to sleep at 1:am on Saturday night and woke up at 9:am the next morning, it would show it as Saturday night. But, when I had to edit the sleep log, it jumped ahead, calling it Sunday night. I don’t like it. I even tried deleting a couple of nights and was unsuccessful. Boooo.

Best Answer

Mine hasn’t worked correctly for some time now either. Like you stated, Last nights sleep data (Friday) is recorded as today’s data (Saturday) although I haven’t been to bed yet.

It used to work correctly and on waking Saturday morning it would have logged Friday night’s sleep, which is what I’m used to.

To now wake up and have Friday night’s data logged as Saturday night’s data is really annoying me! Especially as I am used to the way it used to log. 

Now, if I wanted to check how long I slept last Tuesday for example, I’d have to check Wednesday’s data. Where as before it would be the correct data on the correct day.

Best Answer

The status of this question needs to be changed, it is NOT solved....

Not sure if anyone that answered in agreence with the solution works for Fitbit but you are wrong, that is not the correct behaviour. Mine started doing that a few times now. My sleep would always get logged on the day the sleeping starts. And randomly, it would sometimes log the sleep on the day it ended, so clearly this is a bug.

Change the status of this question and provide a real answer please....

Best Answer