Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker changed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why did they change the sleep tracker from the log to the dashboard? Everytime I try to look at my sleep by clicking on the "sleep" tab in the log, I get redirected to the dashboard sleep page. I hate it! It doesn't give as much as info as the sleep log did. Anyone else having this issue?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GentlyI have been complaining to customer service, and here on the boards.  They need to hear from you, that this change doesn't work for you.  Fitbit seems to be treating our requests as new features, when we want the old ones back.  The moderator here has said the change happened to bring the web and mobile apps into line, but because the old functions were not available on the mobile app, they are new to the set up we are now stuck with.  This was a terrible roll out.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I feel the same. The dashboard sleep tile used to show real time sleep and restlessness. Very useful. Then it got rid of showing actual restless sleep, and instead now groups it into one block - so you see a block of your sleep, and a block of overall restlessness. A summary, not the real time graph.

But even with this needless change, you used to be able to click the tile and then see the actual breakdown of sleep/restlessness over the night. And now that's gone too.

Why the change? How does this improve anything?

Best Answer

The lively debate on this got shut down by the community moderator, but yes, all of us are having this problem.  Customer service says there is no way back to the old log, which we all liked, and the moderator says sometime soon we will have the data back, but there is no timeline for this to happen.  My CHR is falling off my wrist, but I will be **ahem**ed before I buy a replacement for something that doesn't provide me the data I need.  Keep complaining, Fitbit needs to hear that this doesn't work for us.

Best Answer

yes, I really don't find this new system very good.  Why did they change the sleep tracker from the log to the dashboard.  It really is tedious to try and adjust the sleep times.  Before, I could see when I got up out of bed in the night, I could see when it said I was a sleep but I was just watching tv, evidenced by a big period of moving time afterward.  

I have loved my charger 2 because of the sleep monitoring- which was brilliant.  I can't understand why they would change it this way and lessen our ability to see the data so easily, and to edit accurately.  

I want to complain about this, but don't actually know how or where to send the complaint.

Best Answer

@GentlyI have been complaining to customer service, and here on the boards.  They need to hear from you, that this change doesn't work for you.  Fitbit seems to be treating our requests as new features, when we want the old ones back.  The moderator here has said the change happened to bring the web and mobile apps into line, but because the old functions were not available on the mobile app, they are new to the set up we are now stuck with.  This was a terrible roll out.

Best Answer

Yes@!  And I wrote to Fitbit about this.  I"ll summarize their annoying written communications:

First, they said "We didn't make any changes."  

Then they said, "The updates didn't take away anything."  

Then they said, "We'll upgrade you to premium for 6 months for free."

Oh, I get it now.  You guys wanna suck more money outta your customers by taking away stuff that used to be free.  

Thanks for turning me into a cynic.  I will not be buying any future Fitbit products. 

😞 

Best Answer

What a total ripoff! I'm with you on not purchasing any more of their products.

Best Answer

I am not happy with this. We don't have as much information as we did before about our sleep. Why is it more important to bring the mobile and desktop together than to give us the info that we already had. I say keep them different until you can give us the same info on both

Best Answer

I agree; I'm very unhappy with fitbit because of this. I want the information about my sleep that I used to have. Go back to the way it was until you can give us the same information on both platforms.

Best Answer

Wow!  On this forum, Fitbit claims "Problem Solved."  Are Fitbit employees allowed to just make anything up?  There has been no solution for this problem.  All they have done is ignored the complaints, told customers, "There's nothing we can do."

Best Answer

Wow!  On this forum, Fitbit claims "Problem Solved."  Are Fitbit employees allowed to just make anything up?  There has been no solution for this problem.  All they have done is ignored the complaints, told customers, "There's nothing we can do."

Best Answer

On the customer's complaint, Fitbit posts "Accepted Solution."  NOT TRUE.  Nothing acceptable about this non-solution.

Best Answer

They replied to my concern, but did not acknowledge that there was any change or problem; totally ridiculous. I had just replaced my Fitbit recently and now the entire sleep log is useless. I can no longer see the percent efficiency or view various segments of my sleep. I will not buy another Fitbit product in the future.

Best Answer

@Miche3@corugo@Appledroppings@Gently@scheduleboss

I have news for all of us.  They moved the services we used to get for free -- the sleep efficiency percentage, and the time stamped sleep graph -- to the Premium service.  I complained about it and they offered me 6 months for free.  So, that's where your data went.

Remember, sometimes even if you pay for the product, you are still the product being sold.

Best Answer
They offered me the 6-month premium too, but I did not take them up on it yet. I have wondered if they quit making this information free so that they could make us pay for it. I am definitely not happy with fitbit right now.
Best Answer
They offered me the 6-month premium too, but I did not take them up on it yet. I have wondered if they quit making this information free so that they could make us pay for it. I am definitely not happy with fitbit right now.
Best Answer

I agree it was a terrible change. I used that t see how restless or good sleep I had. the new set up does not allow that

Best Answer

Sleep changed to fit developers
Matthew,
I just read  your last post that the company is done with all the sleep update. It defiantly sounds to me "like it or not- we don't care". 

I have had a Flex since April 2014. I was very satisfied with my Fitbit,  I had even purchased multiple color bands. Which many people would ask about, and I would tell about how much I liked my Fitbit.  It was a part of my daily routine, waking up I would log on to my laptop to check quantity AND quality of sleep both equally important. I wouldn't use the mobile app as it didn't show this information. Now you have said it was change and is hard to get use to. It never was about change, it is about not having the data that many user's of Fitbit liked and used. I now have to go to another website, FitnessSyncer to get the data.

I am only one of the many dissatisfied costumers. I am looking to replace my Flex now because the data has been removed. But it will be a permanent departure from Fitbit. "Don't like it - leave it".

Best Answer

Sleep changed to fit developers
Matthew,
I just read  your last post that the company is done with all the sleep update. It defiantly sounds to me "like it or not- we don't care". 

I have had a Flex since April 2014. I was very satisfied with my Fitbit,  I had even purchased multiple color bands. Which many people would ask about, and I would tell about how much I liked my Fitbit.  It was a part of my daily routine, waking up I would log on to my laptop to check quantity AND quality of sleep both equally important. I wouldn't use the mobile app as it didn't show this information. Now you have said it was change and is hard to get use to. It never was about change, it is about not having the data that many user's of Fitbit liked and used. I now have to go to another website, FitnessSyncer to get the data.

I am only one of the many dissatisfied costumers. I am looking to replace my Flex now because the data has been removed. But it will be a permanent departure from Fitbit. "Don't like it - leave it".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lulabell1, Tell me more about FitnessSyncer. Can you get the sleep quality there?

And to Fitbit, how can you mark this as solved? This is in no way solved. You took away a feature that many of us loved. And my guess is that you decided that you could make money off of us by making us pay for premium to get it. 

Best Answer