Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps are not reseting at 00:00

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
After 00.00, my steps are not going down to 0, last days steps also count like new day I mean for example I see 12000 steps at 02.00. But after 10,12 hours, it is correcting itself. This happens last 4 days. And it can not record my sleep. Both flex and app show wrong steps at the beginning of a new day.. I reseted flex and redownloaded app but nothing changed. My friend also having same problem with flex.
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner. Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. First, if your tracker is not resetting at midnight, I recommend checking your timezone by doing the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Tap account
2. Tap Advanced Settings
3. Checked your timezone

Also, I recommend restarting your Flex one more time and doing a force sync by following these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already tried these. Steps are coming to normal every morning or later but not in same hours.. This problem also leads another problem: sleep record is becoming false and problematic. It says I slept two hours but or I never slept even if I turn sleep mode manually.

Today at 00.00 I opened app and saw that steps are 0 and I thought it is okay now. But after few minutes flex buzzed like I completed 10k steps and I checked the app and it was continuing where I left last day, it was 13k steps..
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also want to add that my friend which is living in the same neighborhood also having exact same problem with her flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! That is very strange! Usually, that kind of trouble gets fixed when adjusting the time zone all over again. Now, as you are using the Fitbit app for iOS devices, we are going to try something different to fix this, please follow:

• Log in to the Fitbit app and go to "account" and then to "advanced settings".
  • Turn off the "set up automatically" option for the time zone and change it to a different one, then sync.
  • Turn on the "set up automatically" option again and input the right time zone and sync.

This should work, but if for some reason it doesn't, these tips about travelling with your Fitbit tracker should also help.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything to fix my timezone but nothing works. I have deleted the app, turned the timezone automatically detect off and on, nothing works

Best Answer

Hi

Have you managed to resolve your problem? I'm experiencing exactly the same thing and not sure what to do about it? Any advise would be greatfully recieved.

Nic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix it. I had a previous apple watch that was paired and when I deleted it and did a reset, my timezone worked

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. I ended up having to delete my old account, set up a new email and then create a new account. Fortunately its all working fine now.

Nic
Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is not traveling or time zone. I had to recharge my Fitbit after it died at work. The time never changed to the correct time again even after supposedly syncing!? I am very disappointed in the Versa. So now my alarms go off at incorrect hours and times too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution did not work. I decided to try deleting and repairing the Ionic with the App and that worked. Either there is a bug in the App or the Ionic that hangs the sync on restart when the battery in the Ionic becomes fully discharged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Captain_Seeker 

How did you repair the ionic. I couldn't find the feature in the app.

And there is certainly A **ahem**ty BUG when your device dies out of battery and it can never show correct date and time again... How wonderful !

I had to factory reset the device to fix the time which was again a **ahem**ty process.

Best Answer
0 Votes