Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing my Fitbit after not using in awhile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't used my fitbit in a couple of months. Recently I wanted to start wearing it again so I charged it up and re downloaded the app on my phone. It won't synch with my phone now though.. Is there something differently I need to do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I also havent use my fitbit flex for 1 year.  I have a new android phone and I installed the fitbit app on it.  After I logged in the app found and synced with the fitbit automatically.  Make sure your phone is compatible and bluetooth is turned on.  Don't use the android bluetooth pairing as the fitbit app will do the pairing for you

Best Answer

FYI, supported devices can be found here: https://www.fitbit.com/devices

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit forums @hwolfe02 @ianski @EricJRW! It's great to see you are part of the Community! 🙂

I would recommend trying to restart your tracker and after restarting, you can set it up as a new device by following these instructions.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you need more help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I haven't used my fitbit for a while.  How do I get started again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @bonnie5455. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm glad you'll be joining us at stepping! 😄 The only thing you need to do is to charge your tracker to ensure it will work without a problem. Depending on the tracker you're using, put it to charge for about an hour or two and then, just make sure it's syncing to either the app on your phone or your computer. Once you can confirm it's syncing, start using it as you would normally do and you'll be back on track!

If you encounter any inconvenient at doing this, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 80years old .I am not familar with how to re set my fitbit .I need help to reset  Fitbit.thanks George Dogerty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Urris. A warm welcome to the Fitbit Communty Forums! 🙂

I can definitely help you out with this!

If you'd like to restart your tracker, please follow these instructions:

1. Plug your charging cable into aUSB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.User-added image
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help, I haven't used my fitbit blaze in a year and the date was still jan 9. So I made the fitbit app remove the device and re-connect it. But when i type in the numbers the phone just says "Connecting to Fitbit" And it wont stop.

Best Answer

Oh nevermind it's syncing. Just ignore my message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! 
I haven't used my tracker for about 1 year but want to get it going again. 
I have charged, restarted, and went through the set up instructions again but it doesn't seem to pickup my fitbit despite it being on, and in range. (Bluetooth on.) 

😞 

Any help would be great. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ryan23, welcome to the Community and great to know that your tracker is syncing! 😄

@AlanaMcD, Great to have you in the Forums as well! 🙂 I can suggest that on your phone, go to the settings, then go to the Bluetooth settings, look for the devices and if you see your tracker there, tap on it and then choose the option that says "Forget this device". After doing this restart your tracker one a couple of times again and then follow the setup process. 

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Hello 🙂

I have the same problem! Haven't used my Flex 2 in a while and now, my phone won't regognise it 😞 I tried restarting the tracker and also unpaired it from the app to set it up as a new device again, but the set-up-process just stops without finding the tracker!

is there anything else I can do?

I really liked my tracker and couldn't use it because of an injury, I'd love to use it again now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't used my charge hr in a year or so and am finally getting it up and charged again it looks to be reading about 80% charge after I've had it on for a few hours after I did the reset prosecute it will not come on after I unplug it when I see the fit bit logo come up. Any help is appreciated also my app is not finding the device maybe because it is not wanting to turn on after the reset? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't synced my fitbit sence November and I have tried everything. Syncing and un syncing with the Bluetooth and the app and restarting my charge 2 several times. I don't know what to do.  Any advice?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kris96 wrote:

I haven't synced my fitbit sence November and I have tried everything. Syncing and un syncing with the Bluetooth and the app and restarting my charge 2 several times. I don't know what to do.  Any advice?  

Have you tried charging it?  The battery may have died since your last use.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Yes.  The battery was full when I tried all of this.  I did finally get it to work after I restarted my phone then restarting my Charge 2 three times.  After that they finally started communicating and I reset up my fitbit device like a new one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit one but just got a Versa. Can I stop using my one but store it so that if something were to happen to my Versa I could start using the one again, or will the battery be wrecked? I had a different fitbit one but it would never turn back on despite charging it repeatedly after I just stopped using it for a month so I'm nervous this will wreck my new one while it's being stored. Any advice? Is this a good plan or should I give it away?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello i had a fitbitblaze havent used it for a few months does this damage the battery?? 

As i am trying to charge it and nothings happening 😞 screens not even coming on now

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that and it never synced after hours! Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes