Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The route I walk doesn't show on my phone.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my flex for months now but noticed recently that it's not showing the mapped routes I walk. How do I get this back?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi Edson, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately none of them worked.

The routes show on my computer under "recent activity" but not on my phone. No idea what to do next! Somebody out there might have the answer. 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@Jeffna Thanks for the update. I would like to confirm you are looking for your maps by following this path:

Go to your Dashboard, select "Track exercise", scroll down to locate your recent activity which should show the map and tap on it.

If your mobile device still doesn't show your maps, please provide me with the following information to further investigate:

- What type/model of mobile device are you using?

- What software version is it running?

- Were your maps showing previously?

Looking forward to your new comments. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
48 REPLIES 48

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @JeffnaI haven't heard about any issues with the route graphs. I would recommend rebooting your phone. If this doesn't work please log out from the app and log back in. As a last resort, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This should settle everything up. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around. Robot Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Edson, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately none of them worked.

The routes show on my computer under "recent activity" but not on my phone. No idea what to do next! Somebody out there might have the answer. 🙂

Best Answer

@Jeffna Thanks for the update. I would like to confirm you are looking for your maps by following this path:

Go to your Dashboard, select "Track exercise", scroll down to locate your recent activity which should show the map and tap on it.

If your mobile device still doesn't show your maps, please provide me with the following information to further investigate:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woo Hoo! I have my maps back! Thanks Edson! You're a genius 😄

Best Answer

@Jeffna Thanks for the update and for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that you are back on track.

Hope to see you around more often. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 🙂 Just smashed a 8km walk! Did my planking now for a shower. Take care and thaks once again.

Best Answer

@Edson wrote:

I went to Track Exercise and the walk I just tracked is not there. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo and it worked yesterday - I can see yesterday's map but not today's.

@rebel3217 wrote:
@Edson wrote:

Looking forward to your new comments. 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1635285682366.png

I went to Track Exercise and the walk I just tracked is not there. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo and it worked yesterday - I can see yesterday's map but not today's.

It's running Android 5.1

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @rebel3217. Please make sure that your recorded activities are lasting at least 5 minutes in order to show up on your Dashboard. If so, please confirm that you have followed the above workarounds to resolve the issue. 

Catch you later. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edson wrote:

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @rebel3217. Please make sure that your recorded activities are lasting at least 5 minutes in order to show up on your Dashboard. If so, please confirm that you have followed the above workarounds to see resolve the issue. 

Catch you later. Cat Very Happy

I am walking for more than 5 minutes. I did the same route twice today that I did yesterday and it worked yesterday but not today. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it didn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did a restart on the tracker and now everythings seems good. (so far!)

Best Answer

@rebel3217 Thanks for letting me know how you have fixed the issue. Hopefully everything works fine from now on.

Nice work! Now, let's get back to stepping. Man Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I kept having this problem and tried everything I could think of - restarting the tracker, uninstalling and reinstalling app, turning Bluetooth off and back on. The only thing that seemed to help was rebooting my phone every time I wanted to track a walk. Then I noticed if I cleared Fitbit from my Recent Screens on my phone it would work. I also turned off Wi-Fi  and set Location to Device Only and the GPS map was more accurate. You could give that a shot and hopefully it will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rebel3217 At this point, it would be a good idea contacting Customer Support. They will be happy to check out your case and provide further assistance as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am newish to the charge 2. Here's my question, I had to replace my droid turbo 2 with a new one and now it is not showing a map tracking where I went. Everything else is working great though. And where is "track exercise" on the dashboard? I can't find it anywhere....

Best Answer

Hi Hope you can help, I have the same issue... my app doesn't show my route nor does the online dashboard. I know that it has tracked it as my "Recent Activity" has the Location symbol on the run.

My model: Fit bit charge 2

Software: Samsung Android

Maps: Yes there were showing previously.

( Please note I carried my phone with me on the run so it should be able to track the location)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem also. My maps used to show on my phone. Now they don't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since 5th May my maps stopped showing on Android app.  Just red circle whirls.  No maps load.  PC/web is fine.  Maps are there but not on app.  App just stuck trying to load all of my maps and none loading ???

UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angieb553 wrote:

I am newish to the charge 2. Here's my question, I had to replace my droid turbo 2 with a new one and now it is not showing a map tracking where I went. Everything else is working great though. And where is "track exercise" on the dashboard? I can't find it anywhere....

If you tap the exercise tile and then the little stopwatch icon on the top you can track exercise with the phone app. Just hit the red arrow. When you're done tap Pause then hold down Finish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am suffering the same problem. The map shows on the initial tracking but once closed it no longer appears. It used to. Hope you can throw some lightbon a fix

Best Answer
0 Votes