Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's steps recorded for yesterday

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex.  I walked today at 6:30 am and when I went to my dashboard it showed I had 0 steps and my steps from today registered as yesterday's steps.  Flex is charged and syncs properly.  I use the app on iPhone and laptop dashboard.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @slopitch. Good to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your dashboard is not showing your steps for the correct date. I'll be happy to help you out with this!

First, I'd like to know if you have made any changes to the Time Zone settings on the app. For checking this, go to the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon at the top right corner and then, go to Advanced Settings. Here, tap on Time Zone and make sure that you're on Automatic and that your correct time zone is selected.

If that's not the issue, you can try to set up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I know this post is old, but I'm having the same issue. I just set up my Flex2 after not having used it for a while, and it is showing all my steps from today for yesterday and zero for today. My time zone is set to automatic and I just set up my device as a new tracker. Please let me know if you have any ideas. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey did you manage to change the sync so that it was correct to  sync as "today" ? I have just had the same problem as you @nss242   .... which is really annoying because i ran 5km to beat my mates for this weekends competition...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I an also having the same issue. I deleted the app and reinstalled it on my Samsung S7. I can not find the setting to check the time zone on the app. The time zone on my phone is fine.

Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like this issue still hasn't been resolved. I've just started wearing my fitbit today for the first time in months. Charged it, did 12k steps but around 9.30pm it reset my steps and now shows I've done 557 today and 11,500 yesterday - I didn't even wear it yesterday, its battery was dead! Checked my time zone is correct (it's still showing 17th June on my fitbit and app) and I've done all the uninstall/unpair/reset nonsense as advised but nothing has changed. Guess it just needs to go in the bin then? 😩 Did anyone ever get a satisfactory answer? Thanks guys

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having this issue also its showing i madr only 122 steps today:( i really dont want to restart everything my food logs etc will be lost its a pain just getting used to it.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes