Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calories over budget explanation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

newbie to this and not getting why it consistently tells me im over my calorie budget at the same time as it says i have a couple of hundred calories left?my output is way over my input too.any thoughts?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157
At 11:55 pm I was in the zone with 22 calories left. A looked back over that day 10 minutes later at 12:05 am and I was in the zone and 543 calories over????? Yes I have it set for a 750 calorie deficit but I still don't see how that drastic of a change is possible in that short of time. Use I understand I need to burn 750 more calories than I eat and drink because of the plan I chose. Is this correct?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 2,540 calories out and 1,759 calories in for a deficit of 781 calories and I am on the 750 calorie deficit plan.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you i finally get it. You're right, I personally (don't know about anyone else) was over thinking it. Phew
Best Answer
0 Votes
New to this and I don't get it. I am set at 500 deficit. Yesterday I burned 2779 and ate 2184. The icon shows orange and under budget. But then underneath it says I am 465 calories over my budget. What does that mean? Very confusing 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Explain it to me then please
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. The calories in vs out will show what the Dashboard knows at that time about your calorie comsumption and burned calories. It will constantly be updated so it is just a figure for that time of the day when you are checking it. Usually once the day is over it will have all the information to make all the calculations and will show the total for the day that just passed. The more you use it the better the calculation will be as the system will learn your daily routines (this is why it is important that you log your food and exercises). @SebringDon made a great guide that explains this thouroughly.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
After all the negativity and confusion regarding this issue, why wouldn't Fitbit do away with it, or at least make it an "option" for those who do/ don't want it? How do you change your "over/ under's"? I'm way under and it still puts me in the red.

Ha. Between this and the heart rate issues, my Blaze is becoming more of an "accessory".
Best Answer
If u'r day has restarted it's telling you how many calories you should have had so far sou don't go over
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think there is a bug in the Android app. It's now after midnight so my day is completed, all workouts and food logged. I have my profile set to lose 2lbs per week, so a deficit of 1000 calories per day. Today I have eaten 1461 and burned 2515, so I am just under target. My phone app says under budget but also 496 calories over your budget. Clearly I am not. The website dashboard, however, says under budget 54 calories left to eat, which is precisely correct. Ignore the budget on the phone app, it is an error.
Best Answer
Thank you! Finally!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very confusing way about doing things. Why not simplify it?
Best Answer
Oh thank you. I'm on a 250 Cal deficit and it told me I'm 187 calories over budget but I've consumed 1374 and burned 1888. I know I can do math but I was getting so concerned.
Best Answer
Needs urgent reassessment, before someone ends up starving!
Best Answer

Dont feel bad. Im actually contemplating writing my own tracker because the fitbit one sucks! If i listen to this app for calories ide be starving to death. 

Best Answer
Thank you, am using my fitness pal to count calories as it's easier and compatible with fitbit!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got up late this morning and it had taken calories from my daily allowance ! After brunch it said that I was over (I has sausage baggette) and I still have calories left. How I'm guessing they work it out is that your calories are split between 3 meals. Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Donna123,

This I can understand kinda. But when I eat a 150 calorie granola bar and drink a 150 calorie 8 oz nesquick. It's odd, no? At this point I don't care what the app is saying. I'm still losing weight. So long as I know what I can and can't have let the app complain about what ever it wants to complain about. I'm over the calorie portion -=] 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too!xxx

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My question is about "calories over". At the end of my day after all my food has been entered and I'm laying on the couch resting, my calories over creeps up (today from 43 now up to 68). How can it get higher if I haven't entered any more food? Even at rest I know I'm burning calories so shouldn't this be going down slowly? Thanks all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am struggling in either under or over my decefit is -1000 but i don't go over 950 at moment i don't know how much in meant to have on the harder diet plan the writing bit was yesterdayScreenshot_20170111-173617.png

Best Answer
0 Votes