Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: ineligible for Fitbit account at this time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, trying to set up a new account with a Flex, but am getting the above error.  Tried various things - uninstall app, reinstall, restart phone, etc...with no luck.  Using FitBit app on Samsung Galaxy S5.

Is it possible the site is down?

Other thoughts or suggestions?

tia

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@bk_gamm Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here.

That is strange! You already have an account. Is the account you are trying to open for you as well? 

You only need one account. If you already have one and you are trying to set up a new Fitbit tracker to it; just follow these set up steps for Android devices. That should do it! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kper2141, @bk_gamm, this error generally is displayed when the date entered in the profile for the birth date is incorrect.  Have you verified the dates are correctly entered.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Wife and I each got a fit bit for Xmas. I had no problems setting up my fitbit account and device on my phone, which is an older Samsung Note 3 Android phone. She has a new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and she cannot DL and install the fitbit app, it is apparently not a compatible phone.

So I went into my phone app to try and add her fit bit to my account.  Can't do that either.  The screen says "Whoa there There's a fitbit charge2 connected to your account already. Are you setting up a new one?"

The only clickable link is to replace my fitbit with hers. 

So she can't use it because there is no way to set it up. 

Why can't there be multiple devices on the same account? 

Why doesn't it work on all devices? 

Those are my two questions

Best Answer
0 Votes

If two people use trackers on the same account, the steps would combine and be useless information.

You can set her tracker up on your phone, providing you log out of the application first, then set up a new account for her.

To synch, you would each need to log in on the app independently & sequentially.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here but I am trying to help my daughter set up an account as I've given her my charge hr now I have upgraded. Her phone, her email, her details but says ineligible? Why can't she have an account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmsblaI believe age 13 in US by Federal Law..

@Emsbla wrote:

Same here but I am trying to help my daughter set up an account as I've given her my charge hr now I have upgraded. Her phone, her email, her details but says ineligible? Why can't she have an account?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

She's 14! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmsblaThat should be OK.  I read your earlier post that your daughter had her own email address on Fitbit..

At what stage is it showing her as ineligible. ?.

If you still have problems use this email link to Fitbit Support..

Edited and added

I did some more investigation which makes me think the error is something else. I needed to show myself how the age works.

birthday 13.jpg

@Emsbla wrote:

She's 14! 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter was born in 2006. She will be 12.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I put in her birthdate, it said I can't set it up because she is 11. She will be 12 in March. Fitbit.com/setup said  person needs to be 13 in order to setup the fitbit HR. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know if I responded to this, but my daughter was born in 2006, and will be 12. I am trying to set up fitbit HR for her.  It wouldn't let me set it up because she isn't 13. I'll try again. 
Ken
Best Answer
0 Votes
My daughter is 12, born in 2006. That is where I got the ineligible message. 
Best Answer
0 Votes