Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new phone and am not receiving the link for a new password.  I cannot reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you saying you forgot your password or simply want to change it. You can change it here as well as your email address.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Are you saying you forgot your password or simply want to change it. You can change it here as well as your email address.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @jessatolbert @SunsetRunner! Thanks for the information shared @SunsetRunner, super!

Also, you can try reaching out Fitbit Customer Support so they can reset the password for you easier. 

Happy stepping! Smiley Tongue

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I clicked on your link and that page does NOT have a place to change your fitbit password. I have worked on computers for 46 years and was on the internet when it was just personal bulletin boards on people's computers, and I can honestly say this is the first company or business or whatever it is, that does NOT provide a way to change a password. This isn't a joke; it's down right pathetic. I'm going to sell my fitbit and find me a system and product that actually works and is worth having.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @cowboytech! If you forgot your password, go to this page "Password Recovery" this will help you to reset it. If you're still facing issues when trying to access to the page, please contact Fitbit Support directly. I'm pretty sure they'll will be more than glad to help you.

Good luck! Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

i have been using that linc to try and request my password reset for 2 weeks, it keeps asking me to enter my email address and it sent an email...I NEVER GET MY EMAIL.... i know after trying at least 20 times, i had to have typed my email address correctly at least 10 of them....I'm getting very frustrated with this whole process, and tryingto set up a new replacement fitbit in the process...SMH WAY HARDER THAN IT NEEDS t'o BE

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ameejoy, hope you're doing great my dear Smiley Very Happy!

My best suggestion would be to contact Support directly by calling at (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

see i got the email sent to me that said you replied so i know my email is working,,,,, i'm going to call them on my lunch this is NUTS!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue will be resolved after lunch, you'll see Smiley Very Happy @ameejoy! Keep us updated sweetie.

Best Answer

It's not that easy.

I've been waiting 3 days for a password reset and I have sent messages to Support every day.

it's not in my junk file either as I desperatly need it so I am looking everywhere. I lost my fitbit and replaced it with a used one but am required to reload everything and re-sign in. now I will have to replace the  password on all 4 devices that I check.

it's now 4 days

Best Answer

Hi friend, @jenijo! It is so nice to have you here. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response from Support yet. I apologize for this as we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails due to the holidays and the pre-sale of the Fitbit Blaze. They will get back to you as soon as they can or you can try calling them to this number, you might have to wait a little until one of the agents is ready to take your call. 

support.png

Hope this gets resolved for you soon! Man Very Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Oh, I got a response:

Hi Jennifer,
Reply to this email to let us know if we can further assist you in regards to your inquiry:
Ultra - Account Settings - Windows (08002030)
Sincerely,
Fitbit Support

Fat lot of good this does. So I told them AGAIN, this is query 4, that I still don't have a password. This should be an auto response and require no real live person. But it appears to be an on-going problem from all the requests for password support in the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jenijo, I'm sorry that you don't have a password reset option yet. I will report this to out team, thank you so much for letting me know. It could be that your email is being blocked by some reason, can you try to add our email address to your whitelist? You can follow instruction of how to do this here. Have you tried contacting them directly by phone? 

Let me know how it goes, please! 🙂

Best Answer

I talked to somebody in Customer service and he could not help me. He said my case would be escalated and I would hear from someone by email with in 24-48 hrs. It's been 24 and no word yet. The problem is, if my email is not working, why would they email me?

Jeni

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jenijo, hmmm.. nothing yet?

Please give this a try:

Sign in to your Hotmail web-based account then check your account settings for this might be the cause on why your emails are being delivered to your Junk folder:

To check the junk mail settings:
On the Hotmail page, click Options, and then click More options.
Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.
Under Choose a junk e-mail filter, choose the level of protection you want, and then click Save. If the Exclusive level was set, messages from senders not on the contacts or safe senders lists will have been sent to the Junk folder.
To check your email rules:
On the Hotmail page, click Options, and then click More options.
On the Hotmail Options page, under Customizing Hotmail, click Rules for sorting new messages.
Click Edit next to the rule that you want to edit.
To delete a rule, click the rule that you want to delete, and then click Delete.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Best Answer

Ok, I will go to the library at lunch and do that. I don't have direct access to my Hotmail account at work. Everything is forwarded here and I recheck it at night for anything that didn't get thru and well as the junk files.

Moderator edit: personal information removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @jenijo! How did it go?

Best Answer

@SolangeE

did all that, no change 

called customer service again yesteday and got someone who was willing to go up the chain of command and got me a temp reset on my password which I reset instantly and last night I was able to log in and connect my fitbit finally!!!!!!!

This morning I finally heard from the fitbit team "Thank you for bringing this important issue to our attention. We've escalated your high-priority case to our security team who will be in touch with you shortly."

It just took 10 days to get their attention and a day after somebody else solved it

BUT - the bottom line is...it is working now and that is all I really wanted

Best Answer

Hey, @jenijo! That is great to hear! I'm glad that you are able to log in to your Fitbit account now. 

You are ready to get back on track, I hope you have a nice weekend! Robot Happy

Best Answer

My wife is having the same problem. The reset emails never arrive but today she got a advertisement from noreply@fitbit.com. We are going to the email providers website (cox.net)and they are not in spam. The ap on her Iphone always worked without her having to login, but Saturday, it wanted her to login. Nothing we tried for the password worked. I called support Sunday and they "escalated her request" but still no help from Fitbit. She has a Flex, so without the app, there is not a lot of feedback from the tracker. When this sort of thing has happened to me with other website loggins, the agent has been able to supply a temporary password over the phone, but I am apparently waiting for email contact. If they are sending reset emails and she does not get them, it seems like she might not get the reply from support. Any suggestions to get this resolved promptly would be appreciated

Update

Go a email from support on 2/9/16 requesting information,  I guess to verify identity. I replied as best I could. On 2/10/16 she got another email from support asking if there was anything else they could do. I called again and the agent could not help but said something about waiting a few hours. It is now 2/11/16 and she stil can't log into the app.

Update 

Had an online chat with Aura X about the issue. In the chat she said she was setting up a ticket. Just got an email from her asking if I was sure I wanted to deactivate my account. After the chat ended I was given a chance tgo answer a survey. I asked for contact info for Jay Kershner, VP for support. Probably will not get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes