Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new phone and am not receiving the link for a new password.  I cannot reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

My suggestion is to keep calling them. One of the problems is that you will never get a response from the escalation team because the email uses the same route as the password reset. Keep working up the line on the phone. It is a problem for only a small group of us and doesn't seem to be a priority for Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Banksf I just sent you a private message to gather some needed information so I can assist you with confirming that you case with us has been properly escalated to our Security Team for resolution. When you have a chance, please check out your PM inbox. Looking forward to helping your wife get back on track.

In addition, I recommend checking out this help article for some tips so this type of activity doesn't occur in the future.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

During the 2 weeks it took me to get a password, I got several messages that said something along the line of "thanks for contacting support. if we can do anything else let us know."  As they hadn't done anything,  I kept letting them know, to no avail.

My account wasn't hacked, I just needed a password reset and the english skills of several of the "customer service" people I talked to weren't up to understanding what I needed.  There are a lot of us who have this problem with a severe lack of proper customer service regarding a simple password need.

Best Answer

@jenijo Sorry for the delay in getting you a password reset but I am glad to know that the issue was resolved.

I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate team. Thank you for your continued patience and assistance with getting this resolved for you.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues and it's VERY annoying. Why do you have Customer Service if you can't help?  I even offered 3 suggestions myself!  And all I'm reading is how it took people in my same situation days and weeks to get resolve. For a password reset.  That's ridiculous.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and am growing very frustrated!

Wed night - receive email that there was suspicious activity on my account and they have temporarily locked my account.  Regain access and create a new password here.  Tried the link, never got the password reset email.

Thursday - Contacted Customer Support, no solution, they would escalate.  Tried the password reset link 10 times, never got an email.

Friday - Contacted Customer Support, no solution, they see it's been expedited and I should have a resolution within 3 hours.

Friday - Called Customer support, no solution.  Tried the password reset link again and never got an email.

Saturday - Chatted Customer Support, no solution  Tried the password link 10 times and never got an email.

Saturday, called customer support, no solution.

I just need to reset my password so I can use my account again.  Speaking with folks who don't completely understand the English language has elevated my frustration. 

Interesting note:  I get all the chat recaps via email, but never the password reset link.  I even suggested they put the link in the chat, but the couldn't do that.

By far the worst customer experience in a very long time.

Best Answer
keep calling, become a problem, threaten to go to Garmin but keep on them. This is an on-going problem for a small percentage of people. Welcome to the club. I love Fitbit EXCEPT for password customer assistance. It seems to be a HUGE blind spot for the company. any other problem is dealt with quickly but they can't seem to understand this one.

Jeni
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently nothing has changed. I have had Fitbits for now 4 years and now have been trying to access my account for weeks with the password that worked with my prior Charge 3 but my password won't work. When I have tried to change my password, no email has been received with the new access. I have been in contact with Fitbit support numerous times to no avail. I have checked noreply accounts and nothing in in there, spam, trash - nothing. At this point after great frustration, I have been boosted up the ladder and now have to wait for someone higher to contact me to try to figure out how I can get into my account. I'm ready to sell my brand new Fitbit and throw the whole idea out.

Best Answer
0 Votes