Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two spaced lights alternating, what does it mean?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I tap it My wrist flex has a flashing pattern of 2 spaced lights alternating over one position with 2 spaced lights. E.g. lights in position 1 and 3 alternate with positions 2 and 4.
Any idea what this means?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

When you tap your Flex rapidly for one or two seconds to enter sleep mode, it will vibrate and display two slowly dimming lights. During sleep mode, two blinking lights alternate. After you tap your Flex rapidly to exit sleep mode, it will vibrate and flash all five lights three times and then display a spinning light pattern.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@tambo2274 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I have seen this problem before. Usually, this happens when your daily step goal is accidentally changed. I would believe that the goal you have set up right now on your dashboard is more than 10,000 steps. Make sure to double check it on the app by going to your account and advanced settings or on the online Dashboard by going to the "goals" tile and checking on the settings. I will leave a picture for you to check how it looks like on the online Dashboard:

daily.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55
Sort of like train crossing signals. Lol
Best Answer

When you tap your Flex rapidly for one or two seconds to enter sleep mode, it will vibrate and display two slowly dimming lights. During sleep mode, two blinking lights alternate. After you tap your Flex rapidly to exit sleep mode, it will vibrate and flash all five lights three times and then display a spinning light pattern.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @CarpeDiem59

If your Flex is displaying a pattern with two lights switching back and forth, your Flex is on Activity mode. Please hold your finger close to the band, tap rapidly (or about 5 taps shortly after each other) until it buzzes so it goes off sleep mode. When double tapping off sleep mode, you will see a spinning light pattern and then your actual step progress. 

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help :catvery-happy:

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing, don't know why.

@CarpeDiem59 wrote:
When I tap it My wrist flex has a flashing pattern of 2 spaced lights alternating over one position with 2 spaced lights. E.g. lights in position 1 and 3 alternate with positions 2 and 4.
Any idea what this means?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @GolferDi! If you are having the same problem, this means that your Flex is on Activity mode.

Please hold your finger close to the band, tap rapidly (or about 5 taps shortly after each other) until it buzzes so it goes off sleep mode. When double tapping off sleep mode, you will see a spinning light pattern and then your actual step progress. 

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! You are right. I didn't take it off sleep mode. Does it keep track of the steps I was taking while it was still in that mode?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes and you can delete that sleep from the dashboard!

Best Answer

My flex tracks my steps but only flashes one light even though I have met my goal of 10,000 steps.  It also has stopped buzzing when I reach my goal. I have tried resetting and setting it up as a new one.  Nothing has worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tambo2274 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I have seen this problem before. Usually, this happens when your daily step goal is accidentally changed. I would believe that the goal you have set up right now on your dashboard is more than 10,000 steps. Make sure to double check it on the app by going to your account and advanced settings or on the online Dashboard by going to the "goals" tile and checking on the settings. I will leave a picture for you to check how it looks like on the online Dashboard:

daily.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Thank you. That was exactly what the problem was. I have reset my step goal.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @tambo2274! It's nice to see that everything is working fine now! You can help other friends by marking @SantiR's post as the Solution. By doing this, his response will be more visible for other friends that may be having the same experience. 

Happy stepping! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This was the most helpful feedback for 2 flashing lights

Best Answer

why did it start that 2 spaced light pattern? Did i do something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having the same problem just the two dots my goal wasn't popping up on the fit bit, was just able to fix it because of these comments, so thank you everybody I wasn't sure what was going on with it
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @schase @SunsetRunner @JennMV13

I am very glad to hear you are now back on track with the information posted above, keep me posted if you have any questions!

@SunsetRunner If your Flex is displaying a pattern with two lights switching back and forth, your Flex is on Activity mode. Please hold your finger close to the band, tap rapidly (or about 5 taps shortly after each other) until it buzzes so it goes off sleep mode. When double tapping off sleep mode, you will see a spinning light pattern and then your actual step progress. 

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy stepping. :catvery-happy:

Best Answer

Is there anyway to disable going to sleep from the band? I keep putting myself to sleep when I want to see how many steps I have.

Best Answer

Thanks, that answered my question

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for solving that one for me! 🙂
Best Answer