Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two spaced lights alternating, what does it mean?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I tap it My wrist flex has a flashing pattern of 2 spaced lights alternating over one position with 2 spaced lights. E.g. lights in position 1 and 3 alternate with positions 2 and 4.
Any idea what this means?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

HelenaFitbit, this wasn't my post, but you answered my question, too! Thank you so much! I had no clue why my Fitbit Flex was acting "crazy". lol! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@adrienaline Welcome to the Fitbit Community! There is no option to disable sleep from the Flex's band. To get out of sleep mode you need to tap the display of your tracker several times rapidly until it vibrates. To check how many steps you have, you only need to tap it twice.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I keep doing the tapping and then there are just 2lights that dim and then it goes back with the 2 sets of lights
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deboqueen Welcome to the Fitbit Community! When you tap your Flex several times it should vibrate and then you should see two dancing lights or snake eyes, or space lights alternating. That's when you know you are into sleep mode. If you tap it several times again, it should vibrate once again and you should see the normal dots on the display.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
Thanks so much will try it. I hope it works. I have been doing this for 2 days now!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
Mine flashed the same last night and kept flashing until battery died. It was fully charged that morning. Charged it this morning and now it says I walked 33k steps when I wasn't wearing it. This is the second time it did this flashing thing and wouldn't stop.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Whitewalker Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Have you tried to tap it several times until it vibrates? It may be into sleep mode, just tap it several times quickly. Also, you can delete those extra steps that were tracked by following the steps @Rich_Laue posted in that thread. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Tapping didn't work. The problem solved itself because the battery was
drained overnight from the constant flashing. But this is the second
time.e it has done this to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks fitbit community! The help in fitbit itself is not that useful when it comes to light patterns...or maybe it's how I am searching. It's my mind and I'm sticking to it! 🙂

Best Answer

@Whitewalker I'm glad to see that your issue was resolved! If it happens again, please notify me so we can find solutions together! Catch you later. Cat Very Happy

@GetThere Light patterns could be a little confusing at times, but the good thing is that we're always here to help you sort out your inquiries. Hope everything is working properly now. See you around! Man LOL

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
It is not turning off for after tapping it. Help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Meeshelz Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Tap the display rapidly several time for around 3 seconds until it vibrates. That should turn sleep mode off. 

If it is not, perform a restart on your Flex, and try that process again! That should certainly help!

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Can you explain why it has sleep mode and what the difference is between sleep and active mode if you're wearing your fitbit and walking?
TIA
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RedSox69 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Sure. you can use the active mode to track an specific exercise period for you to have an exercise log with the specific data for that activity. Once you finish the exercise and take the Flex out of active mode and sync, you will see an exercise log on your dashboard with all the data for that activity. For example, if you will play a tennis match and you want to know how many steps, calories, and distance you covered while doing that, you can do it through active mode instead of having to manually log the activity after finishing.

Sleep mode is the same, but you activate it before sleep time. The tracker, as you will not be moving that much when you sleep, will recognize you are sleeping and will track it and make a sleep log on your dashboard. This option is not that necessary as the Flex will track your sleep automatically. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to know something else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
I didn't know any of that!
Thank you. Very helpful 😊
Best Answer

@RedSox69 You are very welcome! You can try both options; automatic sleep tracking and manual sleep tracking to compare. You can also try the active mode and logging an activity manually to compare which option works better for you.

Also, check the Get Moving Board on the Discussions to get some workout ideas and inspiration. The Sleep Better Board is a great place to get information related with healthy sleep. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

So I am a bit confused..... By reading this fourm I learned how to turn on sleep mode or turn it off as well.

But when the sleep mode is on, and I try to track my step goal for the day, will it flash the two alternating lights at me then? Or does this mean something else?

I read through the fourm and saw that changing my step count could help, which it did. Jut not sure if the 2 lights indicate if my fitbit is in sleep mode or not.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this solution worked like a charm.

nanaburg

Best Answer

@loribellz Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Yes, if it is in sleep mode it will flash the 2 lights at you. The thing is that you will see the same display (2 dancing lights) when it is on exercise mode. For that reason, it is very important to take it off sleep mode once you wake up. If you want to use the active mode, turn it on before doing the exercise and turn it off when finished. The display will show the same, but your Flex will recognize which option you are doing because of the movements you will be making. 

If you are sleeping the Flex will know that because you will not be moving that much for a long period of time. If you are on active mode, your Flex will know as you will be moving a lot.

What I do to not confuse myself is that I use the automatically sleep tracking on my Flex, so I don't have to put it on sleep mode, just sleep with it. Regarding the activities, I use active mode only when I need to track an specific run or activity. The thing is that I can also manually log that activity, so either way, I'm good! You can use the options that best works for you and the one that is easier.

Note that you need to tap the display of your tracker rapidly for around 3 seconds until it vibrates to activate or deactivate sleep mode/active mode. The normal Flex display will show the lights going back and forth and then flashing just one, two, three, or four dots of lights (each indicates a 20% of your step goal) when you tap it twice. 

@nanaburg It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that the solution worked properly for you and that you are back in track now! 

Do you have any Fitbit friends? Take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. To get some Fitbit friends to compete with, check this friends thread to add some! 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer