Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the one song that motivates you?

I have that one song. You have that one song. We all have that one song. Some people have more than one song (that's okay!). What is the one song that gets you fired up?

For me, if I'm diggin' some alternative, it's Sleigh Bells' "Infinity Guitars." If I need to hear some nice hip-hop to get my workout going, my go-to is Kanye West's "Power."  If I need some EDM in my life, I go with this amended version of Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." As far as song in movies go, John William's composition of "Battle of the Heroes" does it for me!

As a bonus, my good friend @GraceFitbit reminded me how good the year 2005 was, and went with Beyoncé's Crazy In Love .

Above all else, there is the one song that gets me ready to work hard and reach for the improbable. It is one of the most popular songs in the history of the world, and universally one of the most motivating. I am speaking, of course of Ludwig Van Beethoven's "5th Symphony in C Minor."

Now that you have an idea of what songs get our blood ready to flow and our hearts ready to race, we have to know- what song motivates you?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

Anything buy Josh Grobin. I  Heart him Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis "the ceiling can't hold us."

Best Answer

My list skews more to the rock / metal side.  Cant say i have any one song, but when i need to get motivated for that last set in the gym I look for one of these.

Warriors Call - Volbeat

Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue

Summer Song - Joe Satriani

Fear of the Dark (Live) - Iron Maiden  The live version withe the crowd chanting along always gets me pumped up.

War Machine - AC/DC

Fuel - Metallica

Best Answer

@VinceD awesome list. I'd add Flying in a Blue Dream, The Trooper and maybe some of Buckethead's music Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer

@WendyB @Algenon @VinceD Very nice lists! Thank you for your input. It's always nice to match music preferences to a face!

Vince, I'll have to check metal out, to see what all the kids are talking about these days. I see some great names on that list. How do you feel about Phil Collins' "Coming in the Air Tonight?"

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

For all the energy of an 80's motivational montage, you can't beat the Rocky IV training music.

Best Answer

Well i have to admit most of the metal listed in my list is from the 80's mayube some into the 90s. So prob need some more suggestions to see what kids today are into.  Using pandora to try and find some newer music in the same style, but just not the same to me.

The Phil Collinssong is a great one, never really had on a workout playlist though, might haver to try it out.

Best Answer

Agree both of those are great additions.  Have never really listened to Buckethead will have to check it out.  Have been tryng to find some newer music, but most does not have the same feel to me.  Recently was listening to Pandora and heard Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva.  Not a band I know at all but i think that will get added to the mix as well.

Best Answer

Excellent song choices from everybody! 

Well, I have a couple of songs that I NEED to listen to while I work out. Since I'm a Beastie Boys fan, I would say "Ch-Check it out" or "Body Movin".

Now, if I'm feeling kind of lazy, then I would listen something like Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song". Other favorites are: 

Incubus - Warning

311- All Mixed Up

Kriss Kross - Jump 

Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces

Pink - So What (she's awesome)

And some classic latin music Los Rabanes "My Commanding Wife" Smiley Wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

@VinceD  In 2012 a very close friend reminded me Satriani's music when I shared some posts from this boy (He played the guitar for Guns N' Roses some years ago by the way). I really like to listen good rock/metal music, specially from old school. I feel motivated somehow Smiley LOL I recommend you to listen "Soothsayer" and "Final Wars" by Buckethead, two of my favorite ones 🙂 Let me know how they sound for you!

@Mcore A very good playlist! Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer

Thanks @EdgarFitbit!

You mentioned something about Guns N' Roses and you got my attention. Smiley Very Happy I will check out your song suggestions.  

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
An old one that really gets me moving is Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins.
Best Answer

Great options! I'd add some of Ben Howard's best songs to this list: Old Pine. Very relaxing! I love this song! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorMajo | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Namaste

Best Answer

Lately I've been listening to audiobooks during my workouts.

When I'm listening to music, I like to go with disco, it really energizes me.

Boogie Wonderland by Earth Wind and Fire, Kiss by Prince, Brick House by the Commodores.

I LOVE electroswing, and not many people have heard of it.  It's a mix between electronic music and a oldschool sounds, and it makes me want to get moving!  Caravan Palace is a great band for this.

Other honorable mentions: the album Hissing Fauna Are You The Destroyer by Of Montreal, Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and Paul, and Energy by The Apples in Stereo.

Best Answer

Animals by Martin Garrix, the beat just makes me want to move.

Best Answer

"Thrift Shop" by Macklemore  and Lewis and "Games People Play"-The Spinners. Two songs that get me dancewalkingCat Happy

Best Answer

Just read somebody's choice of Pink, her and Rhianna are awesome! May I add "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katie Perry?

Best Answer

Wait! ANYTHING by Beyoncé...wish I could dance "Single Ladies" they're huffing after that video

Best Answer

Don't Look Back by the band Boston.  I love the energy, melody, and message.  It reminds me to not worry about my past fitness failings, and to move forward toward better health.  I also really enjoy listening to the Carpenters while out walking.  Karen Carpenter's voice is so lovely, and the melodies are uplifting. 

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer