Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1,000 flights of stairs run in a day

Has anyone eclipsed this mark? I did it this Saturday, exhausting for sure. I will be 48 in a week and wanted to see if I could stay ahead of the game. Lol. Interested to hear others records out there. A few hundred short of 97000 lifetime flights. 

Screenshot_20190914-194956_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20190914-195011_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Awesome @Kenryute  and nice touch adding the pictures for us to see. I moved your post to the Get Moving forum area so more people can see it.

Happy early Birthday to you! What's going to happen when you hit 90? Hmmm...

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the kind words! Let's see, at 90? Hopefully still be working
martial arts and staying ahead of the game. Lol
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nicely done, @Kenryute -- I got over 1000 floors once over 5 years ago.  Full disclosure, most of it was on a bicycle.  100% powered by me, but I did have gears, so not quite a 'true' record. 

Nevertheless, it was a lot of work.  As you can see, I broke it up into 3 'chunks' over the day and it looks like I spend a similar amount of time to you in doing it.  

How did you get yours?  I've been known to knock out a few hundred floors a day going up and down the stairs in my building at work (7 floors) but I think to get a good number on foot it really helps to have a tall building to work with -- just so you don't have to waste so much time going back down the stairs to 'reset' and start count the up again.  :-).

Be interesting to see how many others have done something similar, and how they went about doing it.

May 31, 2014May 31, 2014

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
I did it all on foot, running up then running down throughout the course of
the day. Quite boring really but I had a goal and just wanted to see if I
could do it. The last time I did 700, in just over 4 hours just because it
was the highest badge lol. A building would have been nice. Lol thank you
for your input, I really appreciate it.
Best Answer

Your post is most impressive for sure!  I try to do at least 100 flights per day like you. I do wish I had some kind of building like you have though! Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kenryute wrote:
I did it all on foot, running up then running down throughout the course of
the day. Quite boring really but I had a goal and just wanted to see if I
could do it. The last time I did 700, in just over 4 hours just because it
was the highest badge lol. A building would have been nice. Lol thank you
for your input, I really appreciate it.

Yes, up and down is definitely boring! 

So I found this YouTube of a guy who ran the longest staircase in the world in Niesenlauf Switzerland.  1660 meters of elevation which would translate into about 545 floors.  So I guess in a way that you did that almost twice! The guy in the video did it in an hour and a half but the winner of the race did it in under an hour.  

I really do think it would be fun to do, but since it is only open for a race once a year and otherwise unavailable as it is next to an operating funicular, I doubt that will ever come about.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Wow in under an hour. That's crazy. I think I would need to drop some
weight, I am 195 lbs so I'm toting some weight there. Does sound pretty
cool though. Super lactic acid build up in the calves for sure. Lol
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kenryute Wow that's amazing!  

The most I ever did was 123 floors and that was during a half marathon in the city in April.  I was 2 floors shy of the 125 floor badge. 😞  Had I realized I was so close, I might have tried to get 2 more floors, but I was exhausted.

I live in a very flat area and my office building and my home both do not have stairs, so I very rarely get floors and when I do, it's usually not correct!  Once I was mowing my yard and my Charge 3 recorded 80 floors -- it's a very flat, but large yard!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Half marathon? You win! I've never run more than 10 miles and that sucked.
Great job though and thank you for the kind words.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sheesh- I can't compete with any of you except in the age department ;).. Happy Birthday to you. have an amazing day and an even better year. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for the kind words my friend!
Best Answer
0 Votes