Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100+ floors in a day ?

I somehow managed to get 100 floors once.

I almost died and couldn't walk right for a week afterwards.

How the heck can there be a 700 floors badge?
Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

This is slightly off topic but relates to how fitbits measure the number of floors done in a day.

On July 6th my fitbit recorded 164 floors for the day. At first I thought it must be starting to fail because I knew I had not done anywhere close to that amount. I spent the day snorkeling in Hawaii and only did about 12 to 15 flights of climbing. So where did the other 150 flights come from?

While snorkeling, my son and I were trying to dive down about 30 feet to touch the bottom. I knew that the fitbit uses air pressure to measure the number of flights done in a day and it must have measured the pressure change when I was diving as a lot of stairs.

Best Answer

Manage to do 100 flights today...

Best Answer

I've noticed that when I walk outside and it's windy, my Fitbit imagines me doing a lot more flights than I have actually done... 

Allie
Best Answer

I did 100 floors once.  I live in Key West, FL where we are literally at sea level.  There are no hills and no tall buildings.  I had to run the stairs of our parking garage (outside).  It was probably over 90F outside and incredibly humid while I ran these stairs.  It was brutal.  I won't be going for another daily floor badge unless I move somewhere where hills and mountains are common.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I bagged the 700 floor badge by climbing Pikes Peak in Colorado. It’s 13.5 miles and 7,400 feet elevation gain to get to the top. I live in Colorado and I’ve climbed several 14,000 foot mountains in addition to Pikes Peak, so I’ve earned the 500 floor badge a few times. I also got 500 floors 2-3 times last summer hiking 700 miles of the Appalachian trail. So it’s definitely a challenge, but it can be done!

Best Answer

My record as of yesterday was Burj Khalifa. The tallest building in the world. I did 163 floors. I burned over 4000 yesterday.

Best Answer

I started walking for exercise about a month ago when I managed to fix my depression caused by vitamin d deficiency, there's a small a hill near where I live, with a 418 step stairway up the side I decided to crunch out 4x up and down every 2nd day, a few days ago I figured out what was wrong with my gait after watching youtube, lost count and accidentaly walked up and down 5 times, ended up with 211 floors that day.

Best Answer

Yes, I started doing 100 flights of stairs a day since 22nd April 2019 until now without fail. So it can be done. Friends warn me of wear and tear of knees few days ago and I am tempted to give up but I haven't yet. Still thinking I might give up. I'm 68 years old. Am I mad?

Best Answer

My minimum is 50 floors on a workday and once on a night out i realized i did 103 , didnt feel any different but also not sure how accurate the counting is?

Best Answer

I don't run. I work 2 jobs on my feet over 14 hours a day. Most I get has been 55floors. So we'll done

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got 513 floors and 31,820 steps by doing Robert's Peak in Juneau, Alaska.

The total elevation gain is 3,800' (380 floors) but before you get to Robert's Peak you have Gastineau's Peak and there's a valley between them. Further, I actually turned back around at Gastineau's Peak 'cause I kinda chickened out a little bit. The trail past the treeline isn't maintained and I got increasingly worried that I'd get lost if I continued but as I was walking back two other people passed me and that motivated me turn back around and give Robert's Peak a second shot!

One might think that the seven summits - Denali, Everest, etc - might provide better opportunities for increased floor counts but I actually kinda doubt it - walking on snow and glaciers is gonna slow you down.

I also got 121 floors, once, by being in a car for like 12h. I wasn't driving but was a passenger. I guess the roads were bumpy enough to count as walking (I got 14,608 steps as well) and with the periodic elevation changes of the roads and what not I guess the floor counter went up as well...

As for the record...  well given how the fitbit does it you could probably cheat and take an un-pressurized plane up as high as it'll go (you'll prob need an oxygen mask) and then just pace around on the plane. Maybe taking the elevator up to the top of the Burj Khalifa multiple times in a single day and pace around as as it's going up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s excellent! Climbing mountains will definitely get you the floors! I’m fortunate to live in Colorado so I’ve climbed a bunch of 14,000 foot mountains. I also hiked 700 miles of the Appalachian Trail in 2018 so I logged several weeks of big step days! I just checked and I have 700 floors once (Pikes Peak), 500 floors six times, 400 floors seventeen times and 200 floors 58 times. It pays to live in the Rockies! 😊 On the AT in 2018 I logged 50,000 steps 8 times, 40,000 steps 28 times, 30,000 steps 62 times. My best week on the AT was 319,000 steps. 😛 I guess I’m cheating though, since I’m retired and can hike all day every day if I want. I need to find time to head up to Alaska and hike. I’ll bet it was beautiful!

Anyway, happy hiking!

David

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer