Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k steps

So, I've set my goal day as September 21, 2016. I'm going for 100,000 steps. I have vacation in at work for the whole week, and no appointments. Any tips are appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Your current best day is 36k (May 16, 2016), so you would be shooting for almost 3 times that. Are you a runner? Asking since even running two marathons in a row wouldn’t be sufficient to get 100k.

My personal best so far is 54k. That was 10 hours of hiking in a national park with lots of ups and downs. If I were to get more steps walking, I would have to pick an easy, flat route. for instance an standard (400m) track & field track. However, I don’t envision myself walking in circles for 15 hours straight.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah.

You will need very good shoes and some fruit-sugar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi KuJo, I am planning to walk 100k in a day at some point in the next two weeks. I'm quite slow so figured I'd just set aside 24 hours and walk. I plan on using a treadmill through the night then switch to outdoors once it's light then back to treadmill. I managed 60k once before with no planning and a late start due to forgetting to charge my fitbit so here's hoping an earlier start will help. Smiley Very Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish you good luck with your adventrure.  I have done it twice and it takes dedication. 

Depending on where you are at, utilize as much of the cooler hours for the bulk of your steps.  I was very active with my steps from 6am to about 10am.  Then as the sun came out and got warmer, I was still walking, but the pace slowed a bit.  And as the evening got cooler, I stepped up the pace.  Now, during the hotter hours, you can choose to treadmill it, or walk parks and paths that provide shade.  Or something large and indoors.

Wear the right shoes and socks.  They make a difference.  Dress comfortable and light.  I also had one of those cooling towels that you wet that wicks away heat.  Draping that over the neck makes a world of difference.  

I also had a small backpack with me as well.  Had stuff like an extra battery for my phone, a first aid kit and a few protein bars.  Don't carry too much in extra unnecessary weight. Carrying a bottle of water is a good idea to stay hydrated, but I was walking in a town/city, so I stopped at the 7-11 for hydration.

For food, I ate light.  Had protein bars, and Muscle Milk protein drinks, beef jerky, cashews and fruit roll ups. 

To kind of pace myself, I created a document that let me know how many steps I needed to be at a certain time.  So that way, I had a quick guide to let me know if I needed to pick up the pace or if I can slow down a bit.

If possible, map your paths ahead of time and make sure they are walking friendly.  

Motiviation helps a lot.  My wife and a couple friends tracked me on social networks and sent encouraging messages to me thoughout the day to help me out.  

To prep, I got myself fully hydrated the night before and got a good night's sleep.  Got up before the sun and did the final prep.  Took some glucosomine for my joints, some motrin, and my morning protein shake before setting out on my way.  

Best Answer

Anything you can do to keep your mind active is helpful. I fought boredom. Start early. I didn't allow enough time and quit at 75k.

Best Answer

I know I'm late on this post but if it takes 100 minutes to hit 10k then it would take 1,000 minutes *Which is 16.66 hours* I have a friend on Fitbit who has done 100k 3 times

Best Answer
0 Votes