Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

It's not quite the end of January, but since I'm leaving tomorrow for Hawaii, I'll just go ahead and update my January progress now.

As of January 29th: 173.42 miles, which is ahead of the 168.25 miles needed each month. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

As of this morning (1/30), I'm at 345.

LOL, and I can't make any headway up the leaderboard... There are some serious steppers in there. 😉

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Have a fab trip! 

My January total is 170.77 miles, so an average of 5.51miles per day. I'm happy with that considering January has been a challenging month. Here's to stepping it up even more in February! 

Best Answer

January results:

Jamuary.png

36 miles so far for Feb.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

181.3 miles as of yesterday. Just shy of the 182.49 to keep on track, but I'm at 6.22 miles for today so far so I'm not too worried about it.

Best Answer

Back from vacation.

January Total Miles: 186.37

As of February 6th: 32.17

Total: 218.54

I'm ahead, but not by much when you consider February is a short month.

Best Answer

Hi all!

1st feb - 7th feb total = 48.96 miles

Total to date = 219.73 miles

Daily average = 5.78 miles

Had a really good 30k step day yesterday wandering around London which I think has helped to pull me back on track as I was slightly behind. I am still gradually trying to build running back up so hopefully I will be able to pull ahead a bit soon and give myself a bit of a 'safety net!'. 

Best Answer

@Carysw1 That’s awesome! 30K is a lot of steps! I like to do 20K step days to keep my average up and help with my days where I won’t make the 5.53 miles. Great job catching up!

Best Answer

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Ok, up to 533 miles as of this morning. Allowed myself 2 down days this weekend.

Going to try and make it over the 600 mile mark by Saturday.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

This week was hard to get in all my miles, under a ton of deadlines at work and haven't been able to take many step breaks at work, but I still managed to stay on course.  Hoping for some good mileage this weekend before my workweek gets crazy again next week.  Going to be trapped in meetings all week without much opportunity for steps.  😞

February miles as of 2/15: 83.6

Total Miles for 2019: 269.97

Best Answer

@Heather-S- Had a lot of fun in those daily challenges this week, glad you were able to join in 🙂

I made my goal of hitting the 600 mile mark by this weekend!

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

So I didn't get as many steps in as I would have wanted last weekend from lots of driving and a weekend away and struggled to get back into it at the start of the week but a lot better this weekend - will be heading out for a run soon to kickstart my Sunday morning!

I am just about on track though: 

2019 miles to date: 263.29

Daily average: 5.6 

Keep going guys; we can smash this!

Best Answer

@checking wrote:

Hi all, I'm 68, a retired research scientist living in the front range of the Rockies about 30 miles west of Denver. Being retired gives me the time, location gives the opportunity -  I am currently taking somewhere on the order of 20-25k steps a day (avg ~12 mi/day), mostly walking but enough jogging/running to maintain the skills.  

I guess the difficulty of the goal for this group depends on the viewing direction. I'll finish 2018 with a bit over 5200 miles.

I'm actually trying to keep it down, as I have a knee that is complaining a bit - no more of those long continuous-duty days. Maybe double the goal???

@checking- I like this idea as well. I finished 2018 with 4,195 miles, so far this year I'm on pace to do ~4,900 miles although I'm not sure I can maintain that.

I might aim for 5k miles to just keep me honest and to see if I can manage it. Smiley Wink

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Haven't seen any updates in a while 🙂 Hope everyone is Steppin!!

As of this morning:

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

I'm obviously a little late since I'm just joining but I'm going to set the goal to hit 2019 miles this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Best Answer

Jan & Feb 418 miles.  

Best Answer

Still Rollin!

YTD - Through midnight last night

ytd.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

January: 186.37 miles

February: 158.66 miles

As of March 5th: 27.37 miles

2019 Total: 372.4 miles.  Still a little ahead! 

I definitely lost momentum toward the end of February -- work kept me super busy, plus really freezing cold weather was unmotivating.  I was forcing myself to get to 13K on most days, but I did have some days where I did 10K or 11K only, which means only around 4.25 or 4.5 miles for me. 

Now that work has calmed down a bit, I started back to the gym this week and I'm feeling really good about staying on track for my 2,019 miles goal. 

Best Answer

I keep telling myself I'm going to update on here more often but that never happens haha. 

As of 8th march, 2019 total is 380.81miles and a daily average of 5.68miles so only ever so slightly ahead. 

Keep going guys - we've all got this! 

Best Answer