Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

January and February miles 341.6. =Still on track 2 months in. Woo hoo, can't wait for spring to get here and the 60+ hour work week to slow down.  I should then be able to get outside more and enjoy the great outdoors! 

Best Answer

Going to be a light duty day today. My wife and I decided we need to take a break 1 day a week. My body is agreeing. Might just sit on the front porch and watch the clouds go by 😉

As of this morning 3/10

On track and averaging just over 13.5 miles/day.

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

HEY, where is everyone??  lol

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

I'm here!  Been a really busy month but I've been working hard to keep my steps up!  Weekends I'm not quite as active, but still at least achieving 10K steps a day.  

I'm still keeping ahead of the 5.53 miles per day goal, I'm averaging around 5.8 miles a day.

YTD Steps.PNG

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted too - busy times! 

The good news is though that I've managed to pull ahead a bit: 

Total Miles: 540.55 miles 

Daily Ave: 6.07 miles

Keep stepping all!

Best Answer

Still on track, almost averaging 6 miles per day.  Now that the weather is warming up, I'm hopeful I can get out and run more!

steps.PNG

Best Answer

Took a break last week, vacation 🙂 but kept it close to goal each day. Still averaging just over 13/day, going to pick it up a bit again now.

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

January 212

February 204

March 212.

only 1391 to go 😮

Best Answer

Started off really strong for April, averaging now 6 miles per day.

steps.PNG

Best Answer

January and February were difficult - my husband passed in early January.  I am struggling, but I will get through this.  I am making plans to walk the camino in September - so I started preparing and walking a lot this month.  I'm doing this for us - miss you so much.

Jan tp Apr 7 steps.PNG

41B.jpg

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

@LisefromCanada I'm so very sorry for your loss.  ♥

Best Answer

April off to a great start!  I've had three days so far over 8 miles!  That's pretty rare for me since I work a desk job, it's really hard to get more than 6 or 7 miles a day unless I go for a run.  I'm averaging 6 miles per day right now.

steps1.PNG

Best Answer

So my first few days of April were pretty good and then it got to dance show time. Although there were definitely lots of steps, we can't wear our fitbits for dress rehearsals and shows. Then there was a looooong drive to see family and it turns out you also don't get many steps when you're having a spa day either haha. I had pulled ahead a bit on  my daily average in March so the damage hasn't been too bad at all: 

Total miles: 581.65

Daily ave: 5.76. 

Hopefully today's milage will be better as planning on getting back out for a run and the next few days should hopefully follow suit. After that I'll be on holiday for a couple of weeks though so who knows! Got to allow yourself some down time though, right? 🙂 

Everyone is doing brilliantly - definitely motiving me anyway - keep going all! 

Best Answer

Everyone is doing great!

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

I'm going to be watching my steps, and work towards the 2,019 miles goal.  I had not thought that I could hike that far in a year!

Best Answer

Woot, made it! I had thought that I'd slow down a bit, but that didn't happen. Hope all the rest of you make it and have fun & increased fitness getting there.

2019 miles finished.png

Best Answer

Great job @checking!  That's a lot of stepping you've done in four months!  

Best Answer
I'm motivated to get the 13K steps every day to meet the goal
Best Answer

@checking 

Great job! you guys keep this up and I'm going way down on my leaderboard LOL. Just going to have to tie some legs together 😉

Keep up the pace -  I'm right behind you!

YTD

• 3,149,480 steps
  • 1,492.83 miles

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

April was my best month yet, with over 500K steps, over 220 miles, and more than 570 floors!  

Here I am for the year.  Average of ~6.3 miles per day so far.

steps 2.PNG

Best Answer