Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

Because I had significant life challenges in January/February, I did not do so well in the first quarter.

However, I'm starting the second quarter quite well.  April was my best month as well, with 456,760 steps, 315 km, and 623 floors! 

YTD...

YTD 2019YTD 2019

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

Thanks Sal!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

January 212

February 204

March 212

April 195

not sure about this little dip in April.  

Still on track with only another 1196 to go 🙂

Best Answer

Still pacing under 5k for the year but picking it up some!

As of this morning 5/3

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Love the challenge, keep in mind you burn about 100 calories per mile so 

1 mile = 100 calories

1000 miles = 100,000 calories

2000 miles = 200,000 calories

2019 = 201,900 calories

3500 calories = 1 lb of fat

Takeaway = If you complete this challenge you could potentially burn up to 57.6 lbs of fat!!!

Of course you need to add your calories form consumption of food etc but...you can lose a ton of weight just form walking!

Best Answer

Year to date: 690 miles.  I've got to get moving if I am going to reach 2,019 miles by the end of the year!

Best Answer

@JackieStetser  You can do it!  

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Update EOD 5/23, getting close and I got my last lifetime badge in as well 🙂

Untitled.png

Screenshot_2019-05-24-07-07-50-1.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Made it, with a few months to spare lol

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

@GSaldiveri Great job, congrats on finishing!  I've still got aways to go myself.

FBDashboard.PNG

I should hit the halfway mark next month.  I'm ahead of the daily goal of 5.53 miles per day, averaging 6.36 miles per day.

Best Answer

Way to go!  I'm almost on track for getting in the 2019 miles.

Best Answer

@Heather-S- I've no doubt that you will make it. Once we get past this million step challenge I'm going to slow it down a bit - at least till the next crazy challenge comes up lol

@JackieStetser- How far off track are you?

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Jan 212

Feb 204

Mar 212

Apr 195

May 217

total 1040

only 979 to go.....on the downhill slide from here 🙂

Best Answer
Congratulations!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found this challenge, not quite to the halfway mark of the year.

Been in hospital 3 times this year, but if I stay well now for the next 6 months, should make it.94A20CD7-0546-4319-A39B-EC8ECD740F9A.jpeg

Best Answer

Long time no post for me it seems! Had a weird few months with injury and other stuff but stats so far: 

Total miles: 904.59

Daily ave: 5.48.

Sitting just below where I need to be at this point but pretty confident I can start to pull it back a bit over the next few weeks. 

Well done so far everyone- smashing it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link for this group seems to have disappeared - anyone else having that problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NHLeen Fitbit has closed all Community Activity Groups, so there is no leaderboard. Comments obviously can still be made here, but you'll have to use your dashboard for following miles (click on "LOG" in the menu bar at the top of the Web(Fitbit.com) dashboard, then click on the "ACTIVITIES" button that appears below the top menu bar, then (at the right) select the range of dates that you wish to cover.)

Hope that helps - it is what we have left.

Best Answer
Thanks very much! Kinda mad at Fitbit for that! 🤷‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a bummer!  I encourage everyone to keep stepping and posting your mileage updates for this challenge!  

Best Answer
0 Votes