Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

@Patrick Sorry, I generally deny all incoming friend requests due to weirdos out there. But I’ll send you a request and add you to the group once you accept my request. 😊

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Whoa, I just realized I need 9 miles a day.  I think I'm either going to be in great shape or I'm going to die a horrible death.

Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi there could I be added to 2019 miles group please. Love this idea 😊😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there 

Just seen this group would it be possible to be added please, love the idea 😊😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a good walking week.  So much easier in this gorgeous weather we are having this summer.

Results YTD:  

YTD - Up to July 14thYTD - Up to July 14th

Year to date I've been averaging 4.77 miles per day.

For the balance of the year, I need to average 6.41 miles per day, to get to 2019 miles.

I think I can do this.  I'm motivated to do this.

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

@Denzo I sent you a friend request!  Once you accept it, I can add you.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another good week of walking.  So much easier when the weather is beautiful and I'm out at the lake.  July steps and miles to date

July fitbit results.GIF

AverageAverage
      MilesSteps
      perper
  MilesSteps DaysDayDay
Achieved:  Jan 1 - Jul 24             1,003.00        2,280,727.00             205         4.893      11,125.50
New Goal:  Jul 25 - Dec 31             1,016.00        2,310,287.77             160         6.350      14,439.30
               2,019.00        4,591,014.77             365  
Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer
I am making progress! Last week was tough.
Best Answer

Hello; I'd love to join, too. Thank you.

Best Answer

Oh whoops. I've already got the goal. 🙂

Happy stepping!

Best Answer

Hi there, 

Did you calculate your totals by hand or is there something I’m missing in a search window somewhere in my account at Fitbit online? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I’m new too so step on in 🙂 There are lots of people sharing so much to motivate each of us in its own way. Have fun out there and watch for cars!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome!!! True that about the nice weather...who wants to really walk in a downpour or a blizzard. Summer finally hit Calgary last week and celebrated it with a 105,879 step 51.68 mile stroll for the day. Gotta love summer! Keep on stepping and enjoy the lake too 🙂

Best Answer

Hang in there and persevere, it will get better and easier and eventually almost addictive. Who wants to go to bed without at least hitting the 10k step goal. I can’t do it now and even with a bad back still got out last night for just 1600 more steps...I can do that!!! Thanks for your post...it made me realize my own progress 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using a desktop, I just go to the "Activities" tab

Select either Month or Year

Then change the date range to Jan 1 through today's date.

See attached picture

Can't say I'm keeping my end up; but getting some stairs in at leastTemp.jpg

Best Answer
Hi there and thanks for your reply...the picture didn’t come through but
will take a stab at it and see what I can stir up.
Best Answer

Look at @LisefromCanada 's earlier post.

If you can see her picture it's the general idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this...I see now and wow I gotta get out the door hahaha
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I join the group? Love the idea of miles for the year

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’ve already joined 🙂
Best Answer