Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

If memory serves,

If one were to take height completely out of the equation the average female is considered to have a 26" stride while walking. The average male 30".

So in the course of a 5 mile walk the average female would be expected to have over 1600 steps more than the average male.

(each mile equals 63360 inches)

So once again women have to work harder than men to achieve the same result. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@JanFran75 11,500 is 4.8 miles of walking for me.  Stride length is a big part of it!  

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

As of 8/21, I'm at 1,384.69 miles for the year.  I need 634.31 miles to finish the year, which is 4.80 miles per day -- totally do-able.  🙂  

Keep stepping everyone!

Best Answer

FinanceBabe - I’m not the tallest, so my stride length is quite short 🙂 Five miles for me is 12000 steps - which is around the point both my children generally announce they’ve walked far enough 😀 Need to get them back to school and improve my numbers!

Best Answer

where can I find the miles I've walked this year? On my Fitbit dashboard I can only find lifetime miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using a desktop computer, I just go to the "Activities" tab

Select either Month or Year

Then change the date range to Jan 1 through today's date.

See picture below; it will only appear on the website, not in an e-mail

Fitbit temp.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please keep me in next year's group.

When I realized how many miles a day I had to walk to catch up to the others I just deflated....

Next year I'll try to keep up with the rest of you monsters. 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Patrick - I’ll not succeed this year either, but I’m hopeful for next year 🙂 I’ve come to the conclusion I need to look at it on a miles per week basis, as I would feel I was failing to reach my target most days but generally get two good walks a week in that bring the total back up 🙂 

Best Answer

2019 Steps Aug31.PNG

Here's my update through August 31st.  586.62 miles left for the year.  That's still 4.80 miles per day to hit my goal.

How is everyone else doing so far?

Best Answer

Jan 212

Feb 204

Mar 212

Apr 195

May 217

June 103

July 135

Aug 166

Total 1444

122 days to get 575 miles for the finish 

Had a dip in June & July due to an unhappy knee.

Still determined to reach my 2019 step goal 😀👍

Best Answer

How do you choose where to walk? I live near my work and there are almost no big parks around

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where I am is fairly open,

however when I go to Manhattan, for example, I just walk around the city instead of taking mass transit. I just find places to end up at and walk there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Send me the link. I would love to join

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chaning99 I get steps at work, usually taking 5-10 minute breaks to walk every two hours.  I also use a treadmill at home early in the morning to get steps and at night to catch up.  It's been too hot here to walk much outside!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liam6124 There is no link any more, our group is now in the Fitbit app via your phone.  I sent you a friend request and as soon as you accept it, I can add you to our group!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to join the next one when you start it - 2,020 Miles in 2020 😊
https://www.fitbit.com/user/6WYYXS

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harneet I sent you a friend invite.  Once you add me, I can then add you to the group!

Best Answer
0 Votes

YTD 09-28-19.png

Looking to pick it up some the next couple of months. Get a head start on next years weight loss 🙂

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Jan 212

Feb 204

Mar 212

Apr 195

May 217

Jun 103

Jul 135

Aug 166

Sept 202