Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50,000,000 steps ... done!

50000000.jpgWell I am pretty chuffed at reaching this milestone. The proof is there too! It has taken 9.25 years to get there but I've done it!

Some stats

My average steps per day was 14850
I've walked more than the circumference of the earth
My biggest walk was a 50,000 step day which was so close to a marathon that I walked a little further to do that as well (never again - that was pain and I couldn't walk for the next three days!)

A little bit about my journey. I had gained a lot of weight after having a breakdown and took almost two years to get to a stage that I felt good to just start working again. I had ballooned to 105kg (231lbs) and the final straw was when I couldn't bend over to tie my laces without coming up for a breath!

So I bought my first Fitbit and started walking. The badges helped motivate me at first but (luckily for me as the badges are less and less over time) I soon was self motivated due to starting to lose weight.After about 2 years I had lost about 22kg (44lbs), but the good thing is that for me, walking was a little meditative and calming. It sort of settled me which also helped me climb back out of the hole I had fallen into.

Hopefully after 9 years I have made a habit out of it, one that will stay with me for life!

Thanks for reading and hope this might be someone's motivation to get back to it!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@philmart   Congratulations on your awesome achievement!

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @philmart. Good to see you participating in the forums.

Thank you for taking the time to share all the experience, the details and the achivement that you got. 

I am sure that your summarized but very unique story in this post is serving as a motivation and example for other users, as well as for me. I hope that your aspirations for the future can go hand in hand with the help that the device has given you and, of course, your willpower.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes