Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50k Steps in a Day

anyone ever gets 50,000 steps in one day? how long did  it take?.. I got 30.000 once it took about 3 separate 1 and 30 minute walks trying to see if I can hit 50,000 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the forums!

I did it once. It took me about 12 hours with some rest in between.

Doubt I will do it again. Once was enough for me

Let us know if you decide to. I'm sure others will cheer you on!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I did 45,000 once.  It took all day pretty much, just walking with a few rest periods.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I did 55K one day and it was my only focus for the entire day. 10pm walk was my final steps. The goal was to reach 54K (steps = to age on my birthday), the extra 1K was a bonus because I had to get back home. I would love to say I'd do it again on my next birthday, but I'm not sure my husband would be as supportive a second time around. Good luck on your 50K quest. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Would you consider stepping in place while watching a movie count as steps? I can't get out a whole lot in winter and have no exercise equipment

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I do that when there is bad weather outside.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I highly doubt I'll do morethan once either lol just curious to see if i can do it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even though I'm able to move around a lot at my job, I have never gotten anywhere close on a work day.

For me to get at least 50k in a day (I've done it 12 times over the last 3 1/2 years with my Fitbit), I need to have at least a 7-8 hour walk or hike planned. Runners can usually do it in a little less time because they get more steps-per-minute. Good luck with your goal.

Best Answer

Got there with:

60 minute morning session of basketball

afternoon 40 minute dog walk

120 minute evening session of basketball

(random steps throughout the day)

I didn't do jack the following day

Best Answer

I did 30,000 once and that was an effort, the 10,000 in the morning and when you look at the image I realized I could achieve 30,000.  I went for it in the evening.  I was well retired and from memory I would shop, and then walk around our local parks on the way home which have good gradients. So it was a good day, and the 346 active minutes give you an idea of the effort.. I was 74 then......Smiley Happy

30000 badge 19sep13.jpgthe result 19sep13.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Did 60k one day.  Had the daughter's dog along, which helped a lot.I'd walk 10-15k at a whack, then come home and take a break to eat, drink, etc.  Started early in the morning, about 6 am and finished up about 12-13 hours later.

Best Answer
That's awesome!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

No photo description available.

Got 35.011 yesterday ....tried for 40,000 feeling it hard now 50,000 wil take a while i think lol

Best Answer

Rest up and try some other day You did great so far!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Scott1989- I've hit the 50k mark 3x, top end is 65,350 and I felt it for 3 days afterwards lol.

The last 50k I did was actually last week trying to end out a Work Week Hustle, it took me approximately 9 hours to complete. One day I will get to the 100k mark but I need to really get my head on straight for that one first 😉

Keep Steppin!

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

let me know if you ever hit 100K and how long it took!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scott1989...you're trending in the right direction. The more you get out and walk, the easier it will become. It wasn't that many years ago that a 10-mile hike/walk would have taken everything out of me. Now that distance is no problem. Keep pushing yourself and you could be amazed at the results. It just takes time to build up the muscle endurance. 

Best Answer

Scott - trust me - if I ever hit that 100k mark EVERYONE will know 😉  LOL

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

The most I've gotten in a day is about 31,000. We were in NYC and did a lot of running around. I don't know if I can convince my boyfriend to do more walking. I'd love to hit 50,000--not sure I can convince him to have me do a 51,000 on my 51st birthday, though.

Best Answer

Got 40,612 on March 28th, 2019 but it won't let me post the picture

Best Answer