Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good FitBit for a walker user?

ANSWERED

My FitBitOne is dying and I see FitBit no longer sells Ones. Due to osteoarthritis of the spine and knees, I use a sports walker (www.trionicwalker.com) and a clipped FitBit is usually the only one that works best for people who use walkers. I once tried a FitBit wrist a few years ago, but it wasn't counting all my steps. I can't find any post on the Internet from other sports walker users and I never run into another sports walker user IRL. But I do encounter a lot of mothers pushing their baby strollers. For those of you with baby strollers, what FitBit are you using and do they work? I'm guessing today's wrists are more sensitive to steps than years ago? Without my FitBit, I'm finding myself unmotivated and not feeling like moving at all. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I agree the Inspire with the clip it pretty much like the One. It does not do floors but I dont miss that at all

inspireoneside.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

The Inspire (non-HR) has a clip that be purchased separately as the only current clip-on Fitbit.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

do you have a smart phone?  MapMyRide works beautifully for walking-it doesn't count the steps, but you get the distance-plus it's a free app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree the Inspire with the clip it pretty much like the One. It does not do floors but I dont miss that at all

inspireoneside.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The Fitbit one and zip are both great for tracking steps and can be worn on your ankle.  While Fitbit is chosen to discontinue selling these, both of these are available at either Ebay.com or Amazon.com.  I recently purchased one of each as a gift for friends.  They love them as all they are interested in a tracking their steps as part of their motivation and walking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Several  years ago another Fitbit user suggested that people using walkers try putting the Fitbit in their sock when going out for a walk and hoping  to measure steps. Place it in same position it would ride if on your wrist ( parallel to ground). .  It works.

Best Answer

Thank you for the sock advice, I just had a bike accident and broke my hip, I am walking around with a walker to gain back my strength and fitbit one has been my motivator for 7 years. It wasn't working clipped to my shirt, but it works just fine on my sock 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes